'Top 5' - ARIANA GRANDE (Series)



I'M BACK! Technically, I didn't go anywhere, I've just been extremely busy recently with work, sorting out my house in Brighton and trying to get back to university after my gap year, so I'm sorry that I haven't been about BUT I do have the excuses, I guess.

Enough about me, and more about my blog and what I'm planning to do with it. Having the time off, I've been able to refresh my mind and come up with new series I want to do on this blog. Obviously my 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' posts will still be around, and my 'OOTW' series has now been transitioned on to my Instagram, as well as a thread that I have created on Twitter which I think is kind of cool, but for my new series, I have been planning to; 1. write a 'wishlist' monthly for my favourite store that month, and 2. find my favourite celebrities that I love for their style, and pick my top 5 favourite outfits that they have ever worn. Taking it from my past series of 'Celebrity Style Steals', instead of focusing on 5 different celebrities, I will be highlighting just one.

So, throwing straight in to the post, my first celebrity I am adding to this list is the one and only, Ariana Grande.

Just a little sneak peek, also; Ariana is going to be my next 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' so watch out, oops...





5. MTV VMA's 2016, 'Side To Side' Performance

2016 Ariana was so iconic to me as I felt as though she really changed her image. She still had to sweet 'girl-next-door' persona but she really embodied someone else on stage that oozed confidence, which I don't think she truly had before. Her collab with Nicki really changed the game for her, and this outfit was to die for. The athleisure wear look was something that she really pulled off well, and it was also the birth of her full fringe, which is my favourite look every and makes me want to attempt the look (DON'T LET ME PLEASE, BAD IDEA).










4. 'Into You' Music Video

The video for 'Into You' is probably up there as one of my favourite videos ever from any artist, based solely on the fact that the storyline is so cute AND her outfits are amazing. The iconic fringe jacket steals the show for me, and I love how she can literally wear just a bra and shorts and look like she' put a tremendous amount of effort in to look great, but you know this literally took 2 seconds to create. She looks incredibly flawless in this video, and the sheer effortlessness that this outfit creates is why I love it so much; just shows that staple items can make or break an outfit.







3. Live on Jimmy Kimmel, 'No Tears Left To Cry' 2018

Ari made her comeback with 'NTLTC' from her fourth upcoming album, and her interview with Jimmy Kimmel is one of my favourite so far. I love how comfortable she feels now in the spotlight, and this little babydoll dress is everything that she creates with her persona. She has always created this 'cute, innocent' look, and this dress is literally the epitome of her style, especially paired with the thigh high boots. What I love about this look, also, is that I actually have a pair of boots like hers, which makes you realise how wearable this outfit is. I am loving baby pink at the moment and her blonde hair is everything I wish I could have growing out of my head; UGH LET ME BE HER.







2. MET Gala 2018 Red Carpet

OBVIOUSLY this look from the 2018 MET Gala has become one of her most iconic looks, and she definitely stole the show for the night. Her take on the 'holy' theme for this year was genius, and I loved how she still kept her style, even though we have never seen her in such a huge ballgown before. Although this isn't exactly something that is easy style to copy and steal from her, no one can deny that this look was such a good call for her, and really placed her mark on the MET Gala as she attended for the first time. The pastel blue is SO Ariana, so I am really living for this look overall.







1. 'Everyday' Music Video

NOW THIS. IS. A. LOOK. If I had to describe to anyone what I would want to look like if I got to choose, I would just show them the 'Everyday' music video. Her oversized coat, the sexy crop and jeans underneath, THE FRINGE, THe SpACe bUNs?!!?!? Everything about this look is my favourite and I think she looks so great. The puffer is so on-trend and, although you wouldn't expect 'Ariana' and 'Puffer' to be in the same sentence, she still manages to put her cute spin on it to make it her own, which I think she is so good at. I love her ahtleisure style that she seems to be rocking lately, which makes me super excited for her new Reebok campaign that she's recently dropped.





I will be posting a new 'Top 5' post every MONTH, so look out for new celebrities soon. Also, I'm going to run a Twitter poll where I would like you to vote on whether you would want just females listed in these posts, or you would like my 'top 5' men's fashion choices, too.



Photo Cred:
Victorious WIKI
Much
WeHeartIt
Beebee
Pinterest

Comments