MADISON BEER X MISSGUIDED; FAVOURITE ITEMS



So. Earlier today while I was scrolling through Instagram, just carrying out my usual stalking of certain celebrities, I came across Madison Beer's post that mentioned that her collection with Missguided had dropped. You can only imagine how quickly I opened up my browser and was looking through the Missguided page where her collection was featured.
Madison has been one of my upmost favourite celebrities for fashion and she is everything I aspire to be. She is so grounded and grateful for her position and has such an amazing taste in clothing, as well as being uber talented (I'll stop, I've already created 405849 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' posts about her). So with that being said, I was super excite to realise she had a collection with one of my favourite fashion retailers.

Looking through all the items, I wanted to create a list of my favourite items from her collection (that I am desperate to buy but also incredibly poor at the moment so this is basically just a wishlist for me).

-
Madison Beer x Missguided Yellow Check Print Pleated Buckle Detail Mini Skirt - £25.00
You can probably see that I haven't linked this item, and that is purely because it has completely sold out. Already. And I don't blame people for running straight to the website to buy this item because as soon as she posted that her collection had dropped, my first thought was, "I WONDER IF I CAN BUY THAT YELLOW PLEATED SKIRT I'VE SEEN HER WEARING RECENTLY?!" so really, I think I was just slow. This is the skirt that is pictured above in my header.



Madison Beer x Missguided Red Check Pleated Mini Skirt - £25.00
Madison has also released a red version of the mini skirt pictured above, which I absolutely adore. Although I'm not a fan of the chain (which is detachable) and the constant fear that skater skirts accentuate the fact that I am completely bottom heavy, I am so tempted to buy this skirt, just because I am in love with the red, black, yellow and white scheme at the moment that seems to be in fashion. I have been looking for a red check skirt for a while that wouldn't look cheap or frumpy, and I think this may be the one I've been dreaming about (although I just have to get over the anxiety of looking like I have incredibly fat legs; I'm good at hiding the fact that they are HUGE).








Madison Beer x Missguided Black Contrast Stitch Crop Top (£25.00) and Madison Beer x Missguided Black Contrast Stitch Wide Leg Trousers (£40.00)
I am in love with this two-piece. I'm not someone that typically likes wide leg trousers... let me re-phrase that; I LOVE wide leg trousers, I just don't wear them myself, just because I feel I have nowhere I would typically wear them, and again, I don't know if they make me look bottom heavy. This two-piece, however, is so fresh and current and I completely love it! The style is so great, and they are both items you can wear with other items. Not really a fan with how MG have styled it with the shoes they have chosen, but I love these items nonetheless.





Madison Beer x Missguided Black Pinstripe Oversized Hoodie (£30.00) and Madison Beer x Missguided Black Pinstripe Bodycon Mini Skirt (£20.00)
Again, another powerful two-piece set from her collection. At first, I saw the hoodie and immediately fell IN LOVE (I have a weird thing with hoodies at the moment), but as I looked closer at the photos, I realised I absolutely loved the skirt the model was wearing, too. The shape and cut of the skirt is so flattering, and the pinstripes are really in at the moment (spots and stripes are the leaders for SS18). I love the fact that she has basically made a collection that is merchandise for herself and her recently released EP, 'As She Pleases' (go and have a listen, it's actually really good). She has incorporated the trend of slogan tees and used her EP title as a running theme throughout her collection, including with this hoodie. I love the phrase a lot, and would love a T-shirt with this saying on, even without it being her own merch. Both pieces seem like they shouldn't work together, yet they just look flawless; and the match of the formal skirt with the informal hoodie is definitely something I am loving at the moment.









Madison Beer x Missguided Black Racer Crop Top (£20.00)
My favourite type of tops are the racer style, and I love this top a lot. Although, since being away from university for the year I have put on a little around my waist, meaning I'm not exactly looking forward to crop top season, I think this top is incredibly cute. I'm loving the 'Stranger Thing's vibe from the font on the top, too, I just think overall this is a great item that can be paired with any outfit. She has also managed to incorporate her EP with this item, too.







Madison Beer x Missguided Black Shell Suit Colour Block Binding Jacket (£50.00)
This is probably one of my favourite items out of the whole collection. I have been looking for a bomber jacket recently that is oversized and is good for all year round, but I've been a bit bored of those that I have seen. I love the colour block trend at the moment and this bomber jacket fits perfectly in to what I've been looking for. Although I'm contemplating it because of the price of this item, I do love this and think it's so on-trend, especially coming in to SS18. The yellow trim is also giving me life as I am really in to yellow at the moment and think she has done so well with choosing the colour scheme of her whole collection.





-
All photo credit goes to Missguided.com and their collaboration with Madison Beer

Comments