COACHELLA 2018 - INSTAGRAM FAVS (WEEKEND 1)



IT IS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR. I look forward to Coachella every year because it brings out the most creative in fashion and shows off everyone's individual style, which I think is important. Being in the UK, I don't think there is really anything here that would do that, or be on the same level fashion wise, because most of the bigger festivals are just full of people not really in this reality, so |I don't think many are really caring about outfits.
Away from that point, I have been scrolling through Instagram the whole of this weekend seeing the increidbly insane outfits from some of my favourite 'Instagram Models', so I thought I would create a list of my favourite items from the first weekend of Coachella. I created this post in 2015 as well as 2017 (I missed 2016, oops), so I will link them in the bottom of this post if you want to see my picks from the past 3 years!





Meredith Mickaelson (@meredithmickelson)
Personally, my favourite look that I saw Meredith rocking this weekend was her pop pink 'Gucci' jumper over a 'Versace'-print shirt; however I could only find paparazzi photos of that outfit and she has not posted it anywhere, so instead I opted for my second favourite. I lover this bodysuit with the lace detail, it is definitely on-trend for this season and a typical style we have seen throughout the desert this weekend for the even is black clothing. Usually, black isn't very popular for the summer (and hot weather), but she's definitely embracing the new trend at the moment, and this outfit is definitely Coachella-worthy.







Lexi Wood (@lexiwood)

This is probably my favourite look EVER that I have seen sported at the festival in the past few years that I have created this blog post series. I am loving that she has embraced the "underwear as outwerwear" trend that I absolutely adore, and again, like Meredith, she has opted for the all black and lace trend that seems ever so popular this year. Usually I'm not a fan of knee high lace up boots as I think they can often look a bit "cheap" (lol I say as if they don't probably cost more than my whole entire wardrobe), but I am loving this look, and the boots completely tie the outfit together; if I was to go to Coachella and to actually have the confidence to wear whatever I want, I would probably opt for this type of outfit.







Rumi Neely (@rumineely)
I had to include Rumi in this year's favourites as her whole brand was literally shown off by everyone at Coachella as if it was her own personal show room. Rumi is the creator and founder for 'ARE YOU AM I' (which I have literally just got is a phonetic spelling of her name, duh) which I am in love with. They create super cute pieces that were sported by many famous faces inside and outside of Coachella, and she continues to absolutely slay being her own model for the brand. In fact, one of the next people on my list is actually wearing something from her brand! For this outfit, again it is the whole black theme which I definitely am a fan of, and I love how delicate her pieces always are. They definitely flatter her amazing figure (like anything would) and what would be considered a plain outfit looks incredible on her.




Luiza Salvadori (@lululus)
This picture I have probably seen the most on Instagram from big companies and other people striving to be at Coachella, reposting on their own feeds, and I have to say I am in love with this dress. Luiza, along with the likes of Bella Thorne (look out for my celebrity favs coming out later this week) opted for the new style of see-through dresses which I think are super cute and great for this summer. I know the "see-through" trend was huge last summer with chiffon tops and embroidered flowers being a popular pairing, but one thing I am loving is spots and stars as this year's pattern, and I think that the maxi dresses are definitely making a comeback this SS18. What I love about this dress, also, is the long sleeves and flared cuffs; looks incredibly elegant and I think I am in love.


Bianca Finch (@biancafinch)
This picture was reposted by Rumi on her 'ARE YOU AM I' account as Bianca is wearing one of her signature crop tops, and I am in love with this whole entire outfit. One thing I love is how well bright purple looks with girls that have darker hair (which is EVERYTHING I strive for), and this jacket is something that I don't want but something I definitely need. Pairing her jacket with those beautiful sunglasses just represents exactly what it means to accessorize an outfit. Typically, her outfit is something that has been seen with a lot of attendees of Coachella this year (both Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin sporting the white crop and denim shorts look), however Bianca has made it her own by ACCESSORISING! THAT IS THE SECRET TO SUCCESS!





Bianca Finch
Okay. I know I just spoke about Bianca. But this look was too good for me to skip over. I was trying to choose just one outfit from each girl I found, but I honestly found it so difficult choosing between this one and the latter. This is giving me extreme 2017 Coachella x Madison Beer vibes and I am living, as her outfits last year were my favourite. Although camo has been around for quite a while now, Bianca is showing that it is still a popular print and so is the white tee look. The 90's style T-Shirts are my favourite new trends (longer on the arms but tight all over, and most importantly cropped) and I'm definitely on a trainer-vibe at the moment, so everything about this look gets me excited.





Arianna Hicks (@iamarihicks)
Now everyone knows I'm a complete sucker for big T-shirts, it is no secret, so everyone knows that I completely love this look. What I think I love most about this outfit is that it is so casual and wearable, yet Arianna has added a few extra quirks to make it Coachella-worthy. The sequins and body glitter, the beach curls and cute slits up the side of the T-Shirt, I would 100% wear this if it was hot outside (probably not the best for the glitter on the regular, but if only). I think the fact that this look is so effortless is what makes it one of my favourite. You know it probably took hours to get ready, yet she could've easily just thrown on a pair of shorts and a tee and decided to just throw some glitter over herself and be good to go. Sigh, I wish it was that easy.






Nah Cardoso (@nahcardoso)
Another trend that I am loving at the moment is the return of the co-ord. With the Kardashians bringing back two-pieces, it has led the way for all coordinating outfits making a return, and I am here. for. it.
I love this outfit because, again, it just seems so effortless. The whole outfit just tired together easily, and pairing it with some accessories, a bumbag and some trainers just makes it so effortlessly cool. Paired with her uber cool pink hair (which is really making me contemplate having pink hair), this outfit just looks like something only a really really cool person could wear (hahahah not me, but I would love to try).







-------

MY PAST COACHELLA POSTS;

2017 -
Coachella 17 Week 1 - Instagram Favs
Coachella 17 Week 1 - Favourite Celeb Looks 


2015 -
Coachella 15: Best Dressed Celebs

Comments