OOTW - Wardrobe Staples from Pretty Little Thing (Under £66 Outfit)




I feel like most bloggers, I don't typically wear a lot of the outfits I post as I'm more of a "basic" person. It's not that I don't wear these outfits ever (obviously I do because I own these clothes and have literally made these outfits myself lmao). BUT, I do like to play dress-up a little and experiment with my outfits (ie. wearing heels with items... I literally can't even walk in heels so who am I kidding?), however with this outfit everything is very different.

Both my bodysuit and jeans are my most favourite wardrobe staples that I wear soooo much. I have owned these items for a few years now and they have honestly done me so well, AND I am so glad that I managed to find all these items online STILL AVAILABLE. You don't understand how happy I am that I can show you guys what items I am in love with that I have owned for ages, AND show you a pretty realistic outfit in the fact that I have literally worn this outfit so many times and it may be my favourite one yet, just for how easy and simple it is!

First of all, the oldest item that I am wearing is my bodysuit. I purchased this from Pretty Little Thing about 3 years ago and I have probably worn it more than anything else in my wardrobe. I went through a phase during my first year of university where I literally didn't wear anything other than black crop tops, black jeans and everything khaki that I could find (honestly same as now but I'm a little more versatile tehe).
I love this bodysuit because you can honestly wear it with anything for any occasion and it is an outfit that takes no effort but ends up looking flawless. Pairing it with jeans, like I have in this post, or even wearing it underneath a leather skirt, it just seems to work and is such a great item for anyone that finds it difficult creating outfits on a budget and without having to put in too much effort. This bodysuit is the Basic Khaki Bodysuit from Pretty Little Thing and literally costs £6. What. A. Bargain.

Now. Unfortunately I was unable to find my exact jeans, however I have found substitutes for these items, as I did find them in the petite section (UPDATE: they are all sold out) and boyfriend jeans that were a similar colour.
These jeans from Pretty Little Thing are such a great fit and such a good quality for how much they cost me. These jeans go with anything, and for someone that was an avid supporter of TOPSHOP jeans and said she would never sway, these have to be the best pair I have ever owned. For how long I have had them, the fact that they have not ripped, stained or faded is an absolute miracle in itself and just shows how great the quality of them are. They are a great staple to my wardrobe, and their versatility definitely makes the worth the money (not that they break the bank anyway). Although I couldn't find the exact pair I own, here are the Mid Wash Boyfriend Jean costing £28.

Finally; THE BOOTS. These are new boots that I have only bought recently that you may have seen on my Instagram (shameless promo; go follow me @iridescencefashion). I recently purchased these from Public Desire (where most of my money goes at the moment) and I am so in love with these. I have some lace up boots but they are getting a bit old and they don't look so great for any type of "dressy up" events, so I wanted to buy some more that had a bit of a heel but weren't too high that I couldn't walk at all, so these were a perfect find. You can purchase these boots from Public Desire for £39.99. I own the faux suede boots, however they have recently sold out so I have linked the faux leather boots instead; you can also purchase the suede ones in bright red.

Hope you enjoyed this little blog post, I'm hoping to carry on posting every week on here; hopefully you will see more content as I am planning to do a post every week as well as an #OOTD like this every week so you will be seeing me twice within 7 days, however at the moment I have a busy schedule so I am only managing to post once. Hopefully as well I am getting back in to videos and creating YouTube content, so also keep an eye out for that, too!

Comments