OOTW - Red & Black (Under £100 Outfit)





NOTE - I know that I still have the "hygiene strap" on my trousers. This is the first time I had worn them and I didn't even notice what the strap was, I literally thought it was just the design of the trousers (lol).

-

So one of the biggest trends from the winter season was dark colour blocking, especially with black and red. I've never been a fan in the past of red as a colour of clothing as I always thought it looked cheap (soz), but now I am absolutely in love with the brightness and have completely changed my opinion.
My style at the moment has also been based around the "athleisure" style that has been big with the likes of Kim Kardashian, so I've been loving the bright colours, the loose-fitting trousers and the "motorcross" look that many have been rocking.

In this outfit, I am wearing a red backless bodysuit from Urban Outfitters that I purchased this Summer. I absolutely loved this bodysuit during SS17 as it was so dainty in it's style, that it was missing the back and sides, and the straps are very basic and simple, yet the ribbed material of it made it thicker than a basic bodysuit, adding that bit more depth and quality to the bodysuit. This bodysuit is the Out From Under So Over Bodysuit in Red (also available in black) from Urban Outfitters, and costs £24. If you want to purchase this item, you can do so from here.

The Cargo trousers that I am wearing are from Pretty Little Thing and I almost fainted when I found them. For ages, I kept looking on their website at the trousers, but they were only available in a sandy colour. When I finally saw that they had released them in black and khaki, I HAD to purchase some.
I had been looking for some in this style for so long and, although I did think about getting a smaller size as they are a little too big, they are a great style and perfect for pairing with a bodysuit. These trousers are the Black Pocket Detail Cargo Trousers from Pretty Little Thing, costing £28.00. You can buy these from their website, here.

The boots that are pictured in the first two photos are a regular to my blog. I love these boots from Public Desire and they are great for pairing with any outfit, as seen here. When trying on the outfit, I thought that, out of all my shoes, they definitely looked best with my outfit, so HAD to pair them with it. Although they are extremely high and very "formal" (especially for a girl used to rocking trainers), I thought that they looked good with the outfit and the extra height pulled the outfit out of the danger of looking a little frumpy, which you may get with baggy trousers. These boots are the Elsa Sock Fit Round Heels in Black Stretch from Public Desire, and cost £39.99. You can purchase these here.

Although I do love the heeled boots, unfortunately I have to admit they definitely aren't practical. As I said before, I'm used to wearing trainers, not heels, and who wants to wear heels on a day-to-day business anyway? For that, I have given an alternative to this outfit, which is my Timberland's. They are the new style with the less chunky sole and the more lightweight material, and they literally are my favourite pair of shoes I have ever owned. I have always wanted a pair of Timb's, so you can tell how much wear I probably get out of these. Obviously, they are on the expensive side, priced at £105, but they are worth the investment (in my opinion. of course). These are the Black Timberland Killington Nellie Boots that you can purchase from Schuh, here (they are also currently on offer soooo).

I'm definitely hoping that red will carry on over in to the SS18 trend, as is the athleisure style that was ever so popular last season. As for my Timberland's, you best believe I'll be wearing these all year round, hun; nobody's going to stop me wearing winter boots in the summer (although one great thing about the lightweight Timberland's is that they are more versatile to weather, so they will be suitable all year round compared to the classic design, yasssss).



Comments