OOTW - Spring Fashion (Under £100 outfit)




As the days are getting lighter and the air getting warmer, I'm starting to transition my outfit in to the Spring season. Pulling out my skirts, packing away my tights, yet still rocking the long sleeves, I'm starting to put together some cute outfits for the first fashion season of SS18. One of the main things I loved about the winter season was boots, and I wanted to bring them over in to the Spring (as I literally wear them all year round) so I'm loving this outfit already, just for the boots (not going to lie, I definitely styled this whole look around the boots).


 Firstly, I am absolutely loving this bardot frill bodysuit from Pretty Little Thing. Although I have had to iron the frills down as they kept folding over and showing the elastic that was stopping the sleeves from falling down, it is such a pretty top and such an easy piece to have in your wardrobe. You can pair it with absolutely anything, and I am loving the look of this with denim as it just pieces together such an easy outfit. This bodysuit only costs £12, which is an absolute bargain for an item that literally goes with anything and can be worn over and over again with any type of item.The material is also ribbed, which I love as it is bringing that Winter fashion over in to the new season, and paves the way for summer fashion to come later, when bodysuits become a main staple that are bardot and not ribbed. This bodysuit is the Black Bardot Jersey Rib Frill Sleeve Thong Bodysuit from Pretty Little Thing, and you can purchase this item from here.

Next, this skirt is one of my favourite items that I bought last Summer season, and I'm so excited to bring it back out. Because it is so light in colour, I never really liked the look of it with tights, so being able to put this on in an outfit without tights is perfect for me. This denim skirt is from Urban Outfitters, costing £36.
Although it is quite expensive compared to other denim skirts, the material is so strong and such a great quality of denim that it is definitely worth paying for. The colour is great for this Spring season and great for the transition in to Summer, too. What I love most about this skirt is that it will never go out of fashion and, like the bodysuit, can be paired with literally anything. This skirt is the BDG Vintage Blue Notch Denim Mini Skirt from Urban Outfitters which you can purchase from here.
The belt that I am wearing with this skirt is a Chunky Boyfriend Belt from Boohoo which cost about £4, and it was too big for me so I just made holes in it to make it in to a waist belt. It is unavailable, but they do have similar styles on their website available, like this one.

Now on to the main showstopper of this outfit; the boots. I am in love with these boots, but I have a little story to tell you about them. If you followed my (failure) #Blogmas, you may have read a post I wrote on what items I had bought my family members this Christmas. In this post, I mentioned that I had bought my mum some knee high boots from Public Desire, which were, in fact, these boots.
Unfortunately, although they are my mum's size, she has recently become pregnant, so they are a bit tight on her legs. Although they fit, there is a seam around the middle of the calf that keeps the boots up and they were cutting in to her leg, so she's not able to wear them. I have taken them off of her hands for the mean time, and I have to say I am in love and I may or may not be a little glad they didn't fit her (although if she wants them back after she's given birth, they are technically hers so I will give them back). As I just mentioned, these boots are from Public Desire and they are AMAZING. I am loving the charcoal grey colour as it makes them easy to pair with a lot of outfits without making it darker than if they were black. For me, I think that, with them being grey, they are perfect for 3 out of 4 seasons (probably not Summer due to their style), whereas black would make them in to more of a winter boot.
I'm loving the look of these with my denim skirt as it just adds a more "realistic" vibe for this outfit being worn for Spring, as it covers the leg without needing tights or being too exposed as the weather is still cold. These boots are called Joy Over The Knee Boots in Grey Faux Suede, costing £39.99. You can purchase them from the Public Desire website, here.

Overall, I am loving this outfit for the spring. My mum's birthday is coming up and this is my outfit of choice for the day, so I'm looking forward to wearing it again. Every item in this outfit is a piece of clothing I own that is great for versatility and mixing and matching to create different looks and outfits.

 If you want to see more photos (or just these in better quality as I feel Blogger doesn't ever show off true potential), go and check out my Instagram which I recently re-opened after being inactive for 2 YEARS! Go have a look, my links are below;

Instagram
Twitter
YouTube

Comments