OOTW - Grunge Gal (WHOLE OUTFIT COSTS £29.50!)



If you follow me on social media (if not, then ummmm why not ???), you would've seen that I posted this outfit a while back around Christmas time on both Twitter and Instagram, but I wanted to show you guys on my blog just so I could go in to a little bit more detail, just because I love this outfit so much.

Firstly, this was the first EVER time I tried braids and I have loved them ever since. They turned out so well and I feel like I pull them off better than I ever thought, and it just added to the grunge element of the outfit and I thought it just pulled the whole look together. If you want to try braids and haven't before, trust me they are not as hard as they look! They take about 10 minutes, and I actually find it a lot easier doing it by touch only, without a mirror, so I definitely recommend if you've tried in front of a mirror, just try against without looking. 

The dress that I am wearing is from Miss Pap, which I bought quite a while ago. Although the T-Shirt dress hype has seemed to die down a little over AW17, I'm still loving the trend and still love the items I own. As this dress is not sold anymore on Miss Pap, unfortunately I cannot link to it, HOWEVER I have found that In The Style are still selling the exact same dress in their sale, for only £3.99! Go grab it while you can; Ram Skull Black Ripped Back T-Shirt Dress from In The Style
Underneath my dress I am wearing Urban Outfitter's fishnet cycling shorts, worth £4.50! Again, with these I cannot find them anymore on the website as I did get them when they are limited stock and in the sale (original price at £14.00), BUT I have found some similar ones from Boohoo for only £6 which is still a huge bargain! What I love about these is that they are incredibly different, and I'm excited to wear them in the summer as I think they'll look great underneath. My style is quite edgy so to find something like this is a great piece for my wardrobe. You can get them from here; Fishnet Cycling Shorts from Boohoo. 

My shoes are my favourite pair of shoes I own. Not only are they a great height for someone as tall as me (I don't like wearing heels as I'm too tall and have no sense of balance whatsoever, but I like wearing heeled boots as flats become boring and make my feet look MASSIVE which isn't a great look), I love the overall look of them as they have the leather look without being actual leather. They are a little more high up the leg which is a great look that has been in fashion for boots this AW and the simple design of them just compliment every outfit I wear them with. These boots are from New Look (AND STILL AVAILABLE) and are currently on promotion for £20.99! You can purchase them from this link; Black Chunky Heel Chelsea Boots from New Look.

Overall, this look is great for me and compliments my style tremendously. Not only that, but with the whole outfit costing under £30 I take that as a complete bargain! It just shows that you don't have to purchase incredibly expensive things to be able to say you have an "outfit", and you don't need to have a 'staple' or 'standout' item that sells you on your blog. One thing I keep seeing recently is that you a lot of bloggers are feeling as though they can't be "taken seriously" in a way because they do not have the expenses to purchase items that others admire. I must admit, I have definitely felt this way before, but I'm trying to prove myself wrong with my doubts and negative thoughts everyday, so this blog post is quite important to me. My message to you guys (and myself as a little reminder) is that you ARE a valid blogger, whatever content you write and no matter what you own. Blogging is about writing, not materialistic content, and I think that message has become a little lost recently. Just know that we are all fab and don't need to change a thing!



Comments