Fashion Icon of the Fortnight - LAUREN JAUREGUI (#BLOGMAS DAY 3)



It is no secret that Lauren Jauregui is my favourite person in the entire universe (alongside Ariana Grande), so again, it is not surprise that she is one of my most named FIOTF's. Not only does she have such a kind heart and seemed to care about everyone, she uses her platform for educating those that may not be aware with what is happening in the world.

Firstly, her style is absolutely everything I strive for. Every single outfit I have seen her wear is effortless and she has come for far, style-wise, throughout her whole career, and seems to radiate in anything she puts on. She can pull off any look and has such a versatile fashion sense, which is what I always strive for with my style personally, also, so I like to compare and connect with her choices, especially as she goes for a more edgy side a lot of the time.

As I said before, she always uses her platform to speak about important issues. She has shed light and opinion on events, such as the Dakota Pipeline, Donald Trump and Obamacare, and often posts on her Instagram information to help those that are either not aware or need more understanding on the important situations, especially surrounding politics and the future of America and the rest of the world. She reaches over 5 million people with one Instagram post, showing that she is using her fame to educate others, which you don't see much of anymore. You can tell that she is incredibly smart and aware with who she is and where she stands in the world, as well as how she views others, constantly trying to help those that are in danger or part of minorities that need another voice to preach for them.
Her voice and presence is so important and she is aware of that, and I feel as though I learn a lot from her myself. It is rare that I scroll through Instagram and see anything regarding politics or news, however I find myself reading a lot of information from her that teaches me more about what is happening in America and how people are being treated, as well as what is happening politically within her country.

Not only this, but she is very liberal and isn't afraid to be who she is. She constantly talks about body positivity, and it is something that the whole of Fifth Harmony portray with their image as a group. They are all different body shapes, all have their own style, and they aren't afraid to be who they are. Lauren talks about struggling with identity issues but also shares her knowledge on how she has fought through it, which I think is extremely important for girls nowadays, whatever age. Obviously, 5H have quite a young fanbase, so it is heart-warming to see that she is teaching those that it is okay to feel uncomfortable or down about things some days, but when put in to perspective you grow to learn that everything is trivial and you can always work with what you've got and look great no matter what you look like physically.
With such a warm soul, Lauren shows that what is the most important is what is on the inside, which she shows when she gives empathy and love to those all around her. Her selflessness is never overshadowed by her self-love, which is important to have a balance of the two, and she teaches us all that it is healthy to have a balance and love yourself as much as others.

One more thing, 5H's album only came out in August and my most played song this year on Spotify was 'He Like That'... oops.

I highly recommend that you go and follow Lauren on her Instagram, as it is my most favourite account. Not only do you get to see absolutely amazing outfits that make you envious, but it is also very educating some of the factors she posts.


P.S. While editing this I have come to the conclusion that I love her so much I physically cannot find just 3 photos to put in this blog post; I HAVE TOO MANY FAVOURITES! 

Photo Cred:
POP CRAVE
VULKAN
CONTACT CELEB

Comments