Halloween Favourites - Family Flicks (#BLOGTOBER - DAY 12)


I have always been SO excited about Halloween, and my favourite part of the holiday has to be the films. Ever since I was young, because I never really enjoyed the idea of trick or treating, my Halloweens consisted of watching movies, whether scary of Halloween-focused. Even now, me and my best friend still spend the whole day watching films before heading out in to town, and my all-time favourite film genre has to be horror. Saying this, however, this post is going to focus on those family favourites I used to love so much, just to give you that little more inspiration for your Halloween that's coming soon!




The Corpse Bride
The Corpse Bride is my all-time favourite Halloween-themed film. The whole story line, the artistry; it all just fits together and creates a great cinematic film (nerd alert). I even based my whole pumpkin in 2014 around Emily and made the light on the inside blue to resemble her!






The Addams Family
Such a classic film that is a must-watch during the October period. Love this film so much and has been a favourite ever since I was young. This film came out 6 YEARS before I was even born, with the second being 2 years after the first; still, these films have always been a family favourite in our house.





The Haunted Mansion
Again, this was such a classic when I was younger. Eddie Murphy is so funny in this film and the story is typical Disney. What I love most about this film is how underrated it is, which is something I love in films.






Twitches
When I was 12 I converted from CBBC to Disney Channel and never looked back. Disney Original Movies became something I watched on a daily basis, and I absolutely loved Twitches and Twitches Too which were always on over Christmas. I always preferred these over Halloweentown.





The Witches
I was so scared of The Witches when I was younger, but being such a huge fan of Roald Dahl (alongside my mum), this has always been a family favourite in our home.

Hocus Pocus
I can easily say that I wanted to be Sarah Sanderson (SJP) soooo badly as a kid; wasn't she just such a beauty? Also, I don't think I have ever been as scared of anything in my life as much as I was of Billy Butcherson when I was younger.




Teen Wolf
Technically not a Halloween film, but I love it nonetheless (it also is based around werewolves so you've got to give it to me). Michael J Fox is such a great actor as well.

Comments