Fashion Icon of the Fortnight - SOMMER RAY (#BLOGTOBER DAY 2)




 I have never really been one for watching American YouTubers, growing up watching the likes of Zoe Sugg, Marcus Butler and Caspar Lee (okay, let's just ignore the fact that I was obsessed with O2L for a while, but that's besides the point). Recently, I have fallen down the hole that is American YouTube drama, following the infamous story of Jake and Logan Paul and how, frankly, they have created a career out of being annoying, disrespectful fakes (oops). But one thing I have quite enjoyed following the last few months of fake internet drama, is that I have come across a few YouTubers that I actually enjoy watching, one being Sommer Ray. I must admit, she may not be the best YouTuber content-wise, or do all her own editing, but one thing I have loved is her fashion, which I guess is what this post should really be all about.

Obviously, I don't ever just create a 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' for just fashion, one thing I have admired about Sommer is her business-woman outlook on life. Not only has she become a favourite Instagram model for many, she has also started modelling for the likes of Khloe Kardashian's brand, Good American, and world-wide online store, Pretty Little Thing. She has become a household name through her amazing figure and push of sport and fitness, and has been a mogul for healthy living, through her posts on social media. Her outlook on life and how she has made a name for herself is absolutely phenomenal, and her growth in to other ventures, such as her movement in to YouTube and vlogging, just shows how passionate she is about creating her own brand.

Going back to her fashion and style, she definitely pushes the athleisure style with her constant work-out posts, but she also shows her glamorous side in silk dresses and the ultimate side slits. Her style is very "cali" and "beach babe", always in bikinis and beachwear, and I love the versatility of her looks and how well she works denim. I am a huge fan of the denim jacket, and love how well is goes with every look, and that is something that Sommer always seems to lean towards. Denim shorts, jeans and cut-offs seem to be her wardrobe staple and I am LIVING FOR IT. Her style is everything that I want to be able to pull off, but 1) I do not have the body for it at all, and 2) I doubt I would be able to pull off her style in the UK, especially with our weather.

I know a lot of you are probably thinking, "why have I decided to choose the most summer (pun not intended) person in my #Blogtober section?" and I think the answer may lie with the fact that, although I am excited for October and Autumn to start, but I am feeling a little sad that we have seen the end of the good weather that I seem to strive off.

Adding a little sunshine to my #Blogtober is what I want to achieve throughout this month, and make sure the gloomy English weather isn't making us all glum. Showing the achievements of Sommer is how I feel is the best to bring a little sunshine to all our days.

Photo Cred:
Instagram/sommerray
-

I am super excited to start blogging everyday this month, and I cannot wait to carry on with it all. Not only have I managed to plan a blog post for each day this month (which is UNHEARD of), I am really excited to write each and every one of them. I am hoping (finger's crossed) that I can keep up with it all and I think the only thing I can do is plan plan plan ahead.

Comments