Fashion Icon of the Fortnight - NORMANI KORDEI





It is no shock that I am a HUGE fan of Fifth Harmony and have been since they were first formed on the American X Factor. Recently they have released their self-titled album, 'Fifth Harmony' and I have not heard anything as great as this album. Frankly, I say that every time they release an album, but they are constantly getting better and better with every album and song they release.
Really, this post is for all four of the girls from 5H, but the reason I have crowned Normani as my 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' is just because she has been killing it SO much. It is pretty clear, as I have pointed out on multiple occasions, Lauren is definitely my favourite member of the band, but I thought it was time that I gave a little more credit to one of the other girls rather than talking about Lauren for the 3483447th time.

A few days ago they released their music video for tune, 'He Like That', and since it's release I haven't stopped watching it. I suggest that if you haven't seen it yet you go and watch it straight away, here's the link, honestly you will not regret it. Now, it is no surprise that they focused on Dinah and Normani the most during this video because they are the more stronger dancers of the group, and trust me, although all the girls did, Normani DELIVERED. She worked every scene, hit that coreography throughout the whole video, and just gave everything that I didn't know I even needed. On top of this, they recently performed 'Angel' at the MTV VMA's and (including some shade towards the previous member) they completely killed their performance, that was followed by a rendition of newest single, 'Down'. Within this performance, Normani decided to throw out a fresh splits in the middle and everyone in the crowd went crazy. It was so impressive and just showed the extent of her talent, I was honestly shook (side note: you know when you start using a word ironically because you watch too much Shane Dawson and then it becomes part of your vocabulary and there's no other word you can even think of to describe the extent of your feelings... 'shook' is that word for me).

Since their album was released I haven't stopped listening to it. I have to point out, my favourite song on the album has to be 'Make You Mad'. With the same vibes as Dua Lipa's 'New Rules', I have related to it so much that I cannot stop listening to it, especially when I'm the car just cruising, pretending that I'm talking to every guy that has ever done me wrong (I was driving to my friend's house the other day before a night out so I was looking fire and I have never felt myself more that I did in that moment singing away for 'Make You Mad').

Honestly this album and their music this year has been so amazing, I am truly thankful for everything that has been released as I have been entertained for the last couple of days since release and have been desperate for some new music releases! Normani is the queen of choreography and has proven that she can take on anything that is thrown at her, including doing the splits on stage on live TV in front of thousands of people and not even batting an eyelid. The girls are proving that they can do whatever and do not need to have five of them in the group to be successful (really, I think they're doing better this time around than they have when there was five of them).

To many more in the future, and to hoping they release 'He Like That' as their next single so that I can see it on my TV every time I watch the chart shows.

Photo Cred:
Idolator.com
Twitter.com
popmania.com

Comments