MY TOP BADASS WOMEN OF 2017 - PART 1




So if you didn't see, last year I created a 'Top Badass Women of 2017' that listed my favourite gals from the year that I believed were totally awesome, for all the right reasons. I completely forgot about it, however I was going through my old blog posts and came across how popular it was, so thought I would do it again and celebrate the amazing girls that have been the most inspirational and badass of 2017!



MADISON BEER
Like my most recent 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' showed, I have really been loving Madison recently for all the right reasons. I know she has been involved with a lot of drama in the past few weeks, but she has always seemed so polish to me. Her career, her image, everything seems to fall in to a great package that makes her a great role model, showing strong and professional work ethic. She definitely is someone who knows who she is and what she stands for! Her new single, 'Dead', is killing it right not, as she has recently revealed that it reached 10 million plays on Spotify. My most favourite memory of Madison has to be the ordeal on Instagram when people were shaming her for the period stains she had on her bikini. She wrote a whole post on how you cannot help what your body does and hell yeah she was right, you do get leaks once in a while; it has nothing to do with personal hygiene whatsoever! One thing is for sure, I love girls that call out people for being so closed-minded. A lot of people's conceptions of things are at first very shallow, but those that are trying to teach the world things that are almost "frowned upon" are nothing to be ashamed of are doing everything right, and I love Madison for doing that.



ARIEL WINTER
If I were to name any person in the whole world as the most badass person, it would be Ariel. I literally love everything she does and stands for, and not one time have I seen her say anything that I don't agree with (don't hold me to that, I don't want anyone sending me receipts saying "SHE SAID THIS ON BLAH BLAH", I am saying out of everything I have seen). She spreads nothing but love and positivity for everyone, constantly praising her friends and cast mates of their achievements, and obviously her main task of shutting down body-shamers. I absolutely adore how she does not care what anyone thinks of her. In no way is she considered a large girl, however all I ever see in the media are stories mentioning the way she dresses, how her clothes are "too small for her frame" and that she doesn't dress for her body type; I mean, what the hell does that even mean?! Ariel always stands for what she believes in and that is why I admire her so much. She is so beautiful inside and out and an amazing role model for young girls to follow.


BINKY FELSTEAD
If you're an avid 'Made In Chelsea' viewer like I am, you'll know that Binky recently had a little baby girl. I wanted to put her in my 'top badass women of 2017' because, although she was heavily pregnant, Binky was still filming her own TV show, creating and collaborating with 'In The Style' for her own collection, as well as still doing press-days and interviews. At first I thought "how the hell does she do it?!", but then I realised that this is pretty normal for a lot of pregnant women and they are literally all badass in themselves. BUT, I have always had the upmost respect for Binky, and I have always loved her since watching MIC. Being one of my favourite cast members, I always thought that she was very down-to-earth and always stayed herself when others were jetting off and being, not sure if this is the right word, "extra". She's shown herself extremely vulnerable on TV on many occasions, especially surrounding relationships, which I think is incredibly difficult to do, as it opens you up for criticism from people that do not even know you. To show vulnerability and broadcast it to thousands of people is very brave, and I admire her for doing it. Hell, I can't even tell one person when I'm upset without turning round 10 minutes later saying "I'm fine, enough about me ay I'm cool", so I think that Binky, along with many other reality TV personalities, are extremely badass, and the fact that she could do it all pregnant too is just the cherry on top.



ARIANA GRANDE
You KNOW I couldn't do a list of badass women without my main girl, Ariana. I don't think I have been a bigger fan than anything in comparison to Ariana, as I tend to gravitate towards those that do good and have a great heart. Ariana has done nothing but good this year; touring, spreading love and happiness, and let's not forget the charity concert she threw together for her fans that became victim to terror attacks earlier this year. 'One Love Manchester' was an extreme success and probably the most moving thing I have ever watched. The catastrophe that Ariana had to live with, I can only imagine the pain and upset she would be dealing with, especially knowing that she felt guilty for the attacks as they happened at her concert. Having such a beautiful soul, she managed to put on a fundraiser that millions tuned in to watch in only a matter of days, which is extremely incredible. Although I love all these girls listed, I have to say Ariana has to be my most badass of 2017 just due to what she has gone through and provided for others this year, let alone her pure heart and amazing personality. I think if I had to chose to be anyone in this world, it would be Ariana, just because she is one of the most talented and beautiful people I have ever seen, inside and out.

MILEY CYRUS
This year has been quite a year for Miley, and yet again, I cannot create a post like this without including her as one of my top main gals. Miley is quite regularly mentioned on my blog, and as I've said on multiple occasions, she has been my idol ever since I was a little girl, so seeing how much she has managed to achieve in this year warms my heart. She has recently released her new song, 'Younger Now', after releasing 'Malibu' earlier this year, and both songs are such great tunes. Her new song, for me, means a lot as it shows how much of a transition and a journey she has been on, from her 'Hannah Montana' days to the 'Bangerz' era; she has now finally found herself and feels content with where her career is at the moment as well as her life in general. Seeing how happy she is at the moment is so heartwarming, knowing how much of a great person she is, especially due to the charity she has done for so many people and how many people's lives she has affected. Earlier this year she even helped out Ariana with her 'One Love Manchester', performing 'Don't Dream It's Over' (which I have shared on my Facebook every year since they first sang it together in Miley's backyard sessions as it is my all time favourite collaboration anyone has ever done). I just think that, seeing how much Miley has done this year, it is only fitting that I include her in the first part of my 'Badass Women of 2017' as she has shown how great of a person she truly is (not that we didn't know anyway).


--

So, here are my top badass women of the year so far, I really enjoyed creating this as I did last year, and I wanted to create it again as I LOVE spreading positivity and giving those that have done so much this year more recognition to how wonderful they are. As always, I will be creating a 'part 2' to this at the end of the year, so look out for that over the Christmas period as I will be crowning some more lovely ladies of this title!
If you're new around here, go check out some other items on my blog; a post similar to this is my 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' series that is my longest ever series running on this blog!

Photo Cred:
Celebmafia.com
Glamour.com
Heart.co.uk
Billboard.com

Comments