Why I Haven't Uploaded...



Soooooo... yeah.

I know in my last post I mentioned that I am starting my summer season which means that I will be posting every other day, however as you can see I haven't posted in a while.
Don't get me wrong, I completely planned to have this all up to date and running smoothly, and I even had about 10 blog posts that I had written as fillers in case I missed a day, however I didn't post many of them while I was dealing with a lot as they are not very well written and I wasn't happy putting all the content out at once, as it did not represent my blog as much as I wanted to and the quality I strive for.

I've had a lot that has been happening recently that has stunted myself posting on here, firstly being that a lot of family issues have happened that has led to me changing my whole living situations completely.
My plan was to stay in Brighton as long as I possibly could until the end of the August before I had to move back home for my sandwich year, coming back to Brighton in September 2018. I have not managed to secure a placement as of yet, however I am still taking the year out to carry on my search throughout the year. However, this has recently changed due to these family issues, meaning I'm having to move back home as soon as possible, and then find a job right away when I get back, so a lot of my time is spent trying to find a job that will be financial good for me, as my finances have recently changed and I need to start contributing at home, so I'm under a lot of pressure at the moment.

Secondly, as this is happening all of my time is being spent at work trying to earn as much as possible, so if I miss any blog post updates please don't be mad as I am having to spend a lot of time at work.

On top of this, I went home to visit my family for 2 days and in the space of that time I had someone try and break in to my house in Brighton. They tried to come through the back window and, although our neighbours managed to scare them off (thank god), I've still had to be dealing with a lot of things, from filing a police report, to ensuring the house is secure, to negotiating with my landlady about what to do and what happens next. ON TOP OF THIS, one of my housemates left a load of bags of rotting rubbish down the side of our house, and after being away for those 2 days I came back home to a house infested with flies and spent 3 days searching for the source as they would not go away. After finally finding the source, I am having to deal with the disposal of the bags myself including costs, as my housemate is an extremely selfish individual (no shade, all truths).

So, as you can tell, I've been having to deal with a lot and it's been extremely difficult for me to keep up with it all, so if I am behind with uploads please bare in mind!
I am trying to write more posts and keep on top, however it is difficult for me, so I'll probably be uploading everything 3-4 days instead of every other day, just so that I am able to keep on track of everything. With so much going on and having to upload every other day, I lost track so many times as all the days just merged in to one, so it'll only be after about 4 days that I would notice I hadn't upload yet, so by giving me more time in such a hectic period of my life I'm hoping it should be easier to manage!

I also wanted to start uploading more videos, however I'm thinking of maybe just doing some live tutorials instead of videos? I'm not sure if I recently mentioned, but my Mac was damaged so I am left with an old laptop, and with money tight I am unable to re-buy video software, so editing is not on the cards at the moment.
Let me know what you're thinking of this idea, if I do them once a week and just show you guys the true scenes behind any makeup tutorial; I'm thinking it might add more depth to my blog, so let me know what you think; I've created a poll on Twitter to vote: https://twitter.com/iridescencefash/status/883296870294048772


Comments