Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: MADISON BEER




Note: I wrote this post a few days before Madison had talked about the whole "situation" that I talked about in this blog post. Although this has changed, my opinion on her is exactly the same and I still admire her for the person she is :)

Madison Beer is definitely someone that I always look over and forget about when it comes to writing these, but she is definitely someone that is worthy of being crowned one of my 'Fashion Icons of the Fortnight'.

If, like me, you like to keep up to date with "online influencers" (I mean, I think for some that term could be used loosely), you would have seen the whole situation involving Madison Beer and ex-boyfriend, Jack Gilinsky. For me, I have always been a fan of Madison since I knew of her, just because I thought she was such a beautiful soul. And the way the whole situation happened and how it was handled, I think she did it with such respect. While everyone was sharing it, and Jack was commenting on the whole situation, doing the typical "I was in a bad time in my life so it is justified what I said", Madison did not even acknowledge the whole situation and just carried on with her life, because really, to her (as it was mentioned the whole video was recorded a long time ago) it probably was quite irrelevant compared to other things she is dealing with, such as the launch of her music career.

There has been a lot of times where I've fully respected her (especially the whole "period-gate" situation that happened that she posted about on Instagram), and she is definitely someone that puts a lot of effort in to her work. She constantly uses her social media to advertise her talent and amazing voice, and I believe that shows how incredibly smart she is.
If you look at her discography, it is very limited in comparison to how popular she truly is. Her fanbase is so huge in comparison to the amount of work she has out, and I think that just shows how smart she is, as she's built up her brand and used her platforms to increase her popularity.

She definitely knows how to stand up for herself and I believe that she is an incredible role model for girls of all ages. She's not afraid to hold her tongue if she doesn't agree with what someone says, but she also knows when to fight her battles, shown especially through the whole situation surrounding Jack G.
I believe that a lot of jealousy does surround her, purely due to the fact that she built her career from Justin Bieber coming across her online, becoming extremely close friends with him, and then with her being friends with a lot of online "influencers" (that word again) who do have a lot of young, impressionable fans that probably wouldn't be thrilled with the fact that she is friends with these people. A lot of articles I saw online written by fan accounts and online twitter profiles were spreading "hate" that only focused on her being friends with the likes of Bieber, Cameron Dallas and other "vine superstars", mentioning how, as she was so close to them all, it was "obvious" that she had been romantically involved with all these people, which is one thing I reeeeeaaally cannot stand. When there is no proof surrounding things like that and it has been denied by every person involved, it should not be an issue that people speculate about. One of my biggest peeves is slut-shaming, which made me feel so strongly about the video leak that saw Jack G calling his girlfriend at the time a "slut", and it made me just think about how much of a great person she is to be putting up with something like that, because no one should have to go through that sort of emotional abuse from someone that should care about them.

What makes me appreciate her more is the fact that if I was in any situation that she has been in, I would not be able to handle it at all, so it just shows how much of a strong individual she is. And to top it all off, obviously I cannot call this post a 'FIOTF' without actually mentioning fashion in any way, and I truly believe that I could crown Madison my style icon of 2017. She definitely paves the way this year for street style, and her fashion sense is just to die for! I suggest that if you do not already follow her on Instagram I definitely suggest that you do so ASAP as her photos are only those you could dream of taking and her feed is "goals" (did I really just say that?).

Hopefully you've enjoyed my post, my 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' series has been my longest running series on my blog so far, being the only original series that is still going! Another will be posted soon as I have a few more planned that I believe are worthy of the crown (and re-crowning, spoilers!) so keep an eye out.
I post every couple of days on here so if you want to give me a follow please do so, you can also follow my social media, especially my Twitter where I post the most about my blog!








Comments