Bravura London Salicylic Acid - Review


Being someone that has always suffered from bad skin, I had almost given up. It sounds so cliche, and something you've probably heard every single person say that has given their "acne story", however it is completely true. I have always been a bit of a defeatist when it has come to my skin, but I have always been open to trying new products when someone suggests them to me, so when my mum messaged me saying about this new product she had seen online, I was willing to try it out.

I came across a few advertisements from celebrities, like Charlotte Crosby and Ed Sheeran, who had announced that they had used this product to get rid of their acne, so I was highly interested in the product from the get go. Although I was interested, I am always a bit sceptical when it comes to celebrity endorsements as they get paid to advertise these products and in most cases they do not use them personally.
Costing only £9.59, this product is probably one of the cheapest I have ever tried for my skin, which again, made me a little sceptical as it was so cheap. I had used acid before that my mum had been given by a doctor to try, and it always worked well, so I was hoping that this would do the same. The instructions in the packet were long and lengthy which was good as it gave you everything you need to know about the product before using.

How To Use The Product
How to use the product was something that I did not follow the instructions for. I know, this is probably really bad as it said that leaving the product on for too long and not getting your skin used to the product through slow introduction is not great for your skin, but the working up using the product by adding an extra minute every day until you reach the maximum of 15 minutes did not seem to work for me at all. Using acid toners in the past, I always used to put it on before bed and leave it on overnight, until I washed my face in the morning. I did start off using the Salicylic acid using slow introduction, however only did this for a few days before leaving on the product for a couple of hours. It said, as it is quite strong, leaving it on for too long can peel off too much of the dead skin, and if you are doing this as well as using an exfoliator, it may make your skin sore and "too exposed". My skin is extremely oily however I had a huge tonne of dry skin that is on top. This means that I constantly have to dry out my skin, but at the same time ensure that I am getting all of the dead skin off, so the only way I could do this was by leaving on the acid for a longer period of time as I did not want to scrub my face as well and make it sore. It seemed to work for me, however if you are looking in to using this product please look at the instructions and start following them to see if this works for you before changing anything within the routine to match your skin type.

The Product
I chose the Salicylic acid over the others that Bravura London offer (Glycolic and Lactic), as it was the best suited for my skin.
According to Bravura, the different types of acid are most used to treat:


  • Salicylic Acid: Acne, Blackheads, Over Production of Sebum (Oily Skin), Open/Enlarged Pores, Bumps Under the Skin (Trapped Oil) and Milia.
  • Glycolic Acid: Acne, Sun Damaged Skin, Enlarged Pores, Hyperpigmentation, Fine Wrinkles, Discolouration, Dry Skin, Keratosis Pilaris and Age Spots
  • Lactic Acid: Acne, Dry Skin, Blotchy/Hyperpigmentation and Fine Wrinkles
(If you want to check out any of the products and read in to more detail, click the names in bold and they will take you to the product information on Bravura London's website).

The Result
I have been using this product for a few months now and I can honestly say my skin has cleared up so well. Although I have started using it alongside taking the pill, which I got for my skin, I can tell the product works well as when I forgot to use it for a couple of days my skin seems to start going back down hill. I do take breaks using it sometimes, however it has definitely been a lifesaver for me and has helped with my confidence immensely. Not only is the appearance of my skin better from the reduction of acne, my skin feels so much smoother and more even. In the past, it has always been my nose which has been the worst for dry skin as well as under my eye area, so I used to constantly have bumpy skin in the middle of the face where it was dry, to an oily smooth forehead, to a bumpy, acne-ridden chin, so it is definitely a nice feeling to have smooth skin all over!

If someone was to ask me if I would recommend this product I would 100%. I would say beforehand look in to the different products they provide, first of all, as the Salicylic may not be the best suited for your skin, for example, I recommended to my mum that she get the Glycolic Acid if she was to purchase anything from their site as the hyperpigmentation and discolouration were more suited to her skin problem.





If you are in the same situation as me and have not tried Bravura London's range of products I highly suggest that you go and take a look at their website and think about purchasing something. Not only has it been one of the best products I have purchased for my skin, but it is so so cheap at under £10 a bottle! It lasts so long as well as you only need to use a tiny amount each use, I bought mine in January and I have only used about 1/6th of the bottle!
Hopefully you found this blog post interesting, if you did like this make sure to check out any other content if you are new, I am posting every other day again throughout summer! In the mean time until my next blog post, you can check out all my social media accounts which will keep you updated on my blog as well as more hilarious content because I am so so funny;)

Comments