Fishnet Tights: Review



The trend at the moment of band/graphic tee dresses with the knee high boots and corset waists are everything that I have ever hoped would become a trend. For someone that has always loved alternative looks and dressed in band tees and t-shirt dresses, this is the perfect style for me and I have been living in the moment recently for trends and styles!
One element of the popular look that I have never tried, however, is fishnet tights. When I was younger, I remember Claire's Accessories always selling the neon coloured fishnets with their tutus and glasses with the striped lenses (what a fashionable time), however I've never been someone that has loved the look of fishnets... until now, obviously. I believe the first celebrity I saw sporting the look was Charlotte Crosby, advertising her line with 'In The Style', and I instantly fell in love. I wasn't sure which I preferred; whether the larger-holed tights were more my style of the smaller ones were, however when it came to purchasing some for myself I opted for the larger holes (purchased from 'In The Style').

Now, my experience with them was a lot different than I thought it would be. I believed that I would put them on, they would look great and I'd probably refuse to take them off for a very long time. My first impression was that I was petrified taking them out of the packet as I thought the cardboard middle would end up ripping them and it would be a waste of money. After about 5 minutes of trying to carefully take the cardboard out, I tried putting them on which was probably one of the most difficult things I have encountered when it has come to clothes. Not only were they incredibly fiddly and difficult to get my feet through, I had to ensure that, once they were on, that they were evenly spread and the holes weren't stretched over my thighs (which is not a great look as it makes your thighs look like they are bulging out of the tights). This took about 10 minutes to carry out, and then once they were actually on, they felt SO strange. I think as I'm so used to wearing full-on tights or skinny jeans that are tight over my whole leg, it felt as though they were going to fall off or something. It was so surreal, I can't fully describe the feeling, but I did get used to the feeling after they were on for a while.

Once I had the tights on, I fell in love. You do not understand how many photos I took in my tights and how long I had them on just laying around in my room. I knew I loved them and the way they looked was exactly how I imagined, however when I put on my slogan t-shirt dress with it it just looks strange. I felt as though I didn't suit the look at all and it just made me look a little frumpy and "try-hard". I always get worried when following trends that this is how I look, but usually they end up looking fine. I tried them on with my jeans and they looked a little better, but still I thought they looked a bit like I was trying way too hard. 

I think overall I do love the trend and love the way they look but I'm still not convinced that they look that great if I was to go out in public. I think, for myself to feel a little more comfortable and confident, if I chose the smaller-holed pair they may have looked better. I still stand by the whole trend in the long run and believe that these are a great purchase (I'm just hoping that I get used to them and gain enough confidence to wear them outside of the house).



Comments