Kira's Diary - This Time Last Year Tag!



I thought of a little idea that I could do that would be fun just as an 'end of the year' kind of thing! I see a lot of YouTubers and Vloggers and Bloggers creating a list of all the things they have achieved in the year, what they've enjoyed the most and what they want to achieve next year; however, I wanted to do more of a comparison post where I answer some questions of what I was like this time last year and see what has changed in the last year!
I've made these up completely by myself, I'm sure that someone has done this already and I'm not the first person to create something like this, but I thought it'd be a bit of fun seeing as it is Boxing Day and I can easily look back at myself from last year!

Appearance
Hair Colour:

  • 2015 - Black
  • 2016 - Brunette with Blonde Ombre Ends

Hair Style:

  • 2015 - Short and Wavy
  • 2016 - Long and Dead Straight

Photo:








(If you cannot tell, that is me on the left... oh dear)












Fashion
Dress Sense:

  • 2015 - Lots of black and lots of crop tops
  • 2016 - No crop tops, more edgy, more confident and more me

Favourite Store:

  • 2015 - TOPSHOP
  • 2016 - Urban Outfitters

Most Shopped At Store:

  • 2015 - New Look
  • 2016 - Pretty Little Thing

Favourite Clothing Item:

  • 2015 - Crop Tops
  • 2016 - Chokers (if that counts, I think I wear them with every outfit)


Makeup
Foundation Used:

  • 2015 - Clarins Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation
  • 2016 - MAC Studio Fix Fluid

Makeup Routine:

  • 2015 - Very basic, consisted of Concealer, Foundation (no Primer), Bronzer, Matte Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Eyebrow Pencil and Mascara.
  • 2016 - Oil, primer, Shine Reducer, Colour Corrector, Foundation, Concealer, Bronzer, Highlighter (both liquid and powder), Eyeshadow (both matte and glitter), Eyeliner, Eyebrow Pencil, Eyebrow Tint Gel, Mascara, Eyelashes and Setting Spray.

Amount of Makeup Worn:

  • 2015 - From above, not a lot
  • 2016 - From above, quite a bit in comparison to last year



Beauty Products
Moisturiser Used:

  • 2015 - Nothing
  • 2016 - Murad Pore Reform Moisturiser 

Makeup Remover Used:

  • 2015 - Simple 'Kind to Skin' wipes
  • 2016 - Garner Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin

Beauty Routine (Night Time):

  • 2015 - Did not have one whatsoever, just took off my makeup and went to bed
  • 2016 - Use Micellar Water, wash my face, treat blemishes using my UV Light Stick then put on Glycolic Acid

Hair Products:

  • 2015 - Argan Oil, Dry Shampoo and Hair Spray
  • 2016 - Argan Oil and Dry Shampoo



Music
Favourite Song:

  • 2015 - Kali Ma by Neck Deep
  • 2016 - A-List (Preditah Remix) by WSTRN

Most Played Song (According to Spotify Stats):

  • 2015 - The Hills by The Weeknd
  • 2016 - Man Don't Care by Jme ft. Giggs

Most Played Album:

  • 2015 - That's The Spirit by Bring Me The Horizon
  • 2016 - Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande

Least Favourite Song:

  • 2015 - Rather Be by Clean Bandit
  • 2016 - Probably the same song, Clean Bandit just get on my nelly

Last Person Seen Live:

  • 2015 - Lower Than Atlantis at Roundhouse in Camden
  • 2016 - Biffy Clyro at Reading Festival (to be honest, I attended Boundary Festival the month after this, so technically the last act I saw live was Craig David...)


Christmas Presents
Main Gift Received:

  • 2015 - NYX Makeup
  • 2016 - MAC Makeup


Friendships/Relationships
Closest Friend:

  • 2015 - Chloe
  • 2016 - Chloe

Friendship Group at Home:

  • 2015 - Everyone from School
  • 2016 - Literally one person has stayed in contact with me that I see every time I come home, other than that there is basically no one ha!

Friendship Group at University:

  • 2015 - My housemates, plus a guy that I met in university plus his housemates
  • 2016 - Only 2 of my housemates from last year, plus my new housemates this year, the guy I met in uni plus all the people that were in my seminar group last year and some from this year (wow definitely prefer university this year haha)

Relationship Status:

  • 2015 - Painfully single:)
  • 2016 - Painfully single:)



So it's seems to be pretty clear that I have changed quite a bit since last year, and am in a completely different place to where I was! I've become more at home in Brighton, changed my dress sense and started wearing more makeup (I think it's clear that I look a lot better in comparison!)
Hopefully you are all having a wonderful Christmas break and have enjoyed this blog post. If you guys want to do the same as this post then feel free to take it and tag me in them so that I can read them myself!
Remember you can follow me on all my social media, and I also have a YouTube channel if you want to check that out! See you soon xo

Comments