Kira's Diary - Is Age Just a Number?


It seems to be quite a common subject when I log on to Twitter nowadays that many people have their own opinions on age in correlation to relationships, more specifically; other people's relationships. No one, in my opinion, should feel the need to comment on anyone else's relationship when it comes to anything, not just age; in retrospect, I believe it IS just a number.
I mean practically, in some cases, I do believe it is wrong, especially when one person is far too young to be with the other (I mean extreme cases when one is underage, but I'm not going to touch upon that), but a lot of social media stars and "celebrities" that are in relationships do get a lot of stick when their partner is a couple of years older/younger.

For example, one person I see get a lot of aggravation on Twitter and Instagram is Acacia Brinley. I've been a fan of Acacia for a couple of years now (as you may have read in my blog posts before), but recently, all I ever seem to hear is how Acacia is a lot younger than her boyfriend, Jairus. Now, in my mind, when I first heard this I thought, "oh god, she's 18; what is he, 35?" but hearing that he is only 25 I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
When I was younger, my mum always used to say that girl's brains develop more than guy's do, which is why you see a lot of girls tending to start relationships with older guys. Although I don't believe this has anything to do with gender, I think some people do tend to find others that are older due to their balance of intellect; in this case, age doesn't matter!
Acacia is nearly 19 and her boyfriend has only just turned 25, meaning that there is a 6 year age gap; which I believe is totally fine. I never knew how old Jairus was, but I had seen him a lot on her social media, and they seem like the perfect couple! I mean, theoretically, being 18 and having a house and family of her own (her cute little puppies, honestly they are so sweet!), Acacia does seem a lot older than she is, which I think goes back to my point of balanced intellect. They are obviously a great couple, and she is a lot older than her actual age, meaning that, in balance, they are practically the same; something that is seen with a lot of couples that have an age gap!

Another that constantly gets brought up when the topic of 'age' is floating around is Callum McGinley (Callux) and Sarah Close's relationship (honestly, this one I feel is the most ridiculous). So, Callux is 24 and Sarah is 21; a 3 year age gap. 3 years. That's all. Yet people often bring this up saying, "oh, Sarah is a lot younger than Callux; he subscribed to her when she was only 15!"
Are people forgetting that when she was 15 he wasn't still 24; he was in fact 18? 3 years is hardly anything of an age gap, and, although she was 15, they weren't in a relationship back then?
I think that, from personal experience, as a lot of fans of all these stars mentioned are a lot younger in retrospect, when you are young, an age gap, no matter how small, definitely feels like a life time!

I remember being 16 and liking a boy who was year above (17, nearly 18). To me, I thought it was a bit strange, but I would just think, "if I was 20, that was make him 21, nearly 22, which would not be a problem" (really, I was 16, so it wasn't even a problem then). My friends, and even his friends, thought it was super weird because I was younger; looking back on it, it just seems ridiculous! When you're younger, though, age gaps are the worst.

Think back to when you were younger and you liked a celebrity. When I first loved Harry Styles, I was 13 and he was 16. Even when I was 16, he was 19 which was such a huge age gap; I used to think, no chance could I ever be with anyone as old as Harry Styles! Now at 19, it seems like he hasn't aged at all, the fact that he is only 22; I've dated guys that are older than him! I think it definitely just proves that the older you get, the less age really matters; it's just something that you think about when you are younger, as it just seems like an obstacle. As soon as you hit your 20's; really, I noticed when I turned 18 and the first guy that I started seeing was 23, which didn't seem weird at all as soon as it happened. Yet, if anyone said to me when I was 17, "hey, next year you'll like a guy that is 5 years older than you" I'd be like, "ew gross, older men!" but you don't really realise until it happens to you that nothing is different, whether they are the same age or not, it is all about how well you get along with them and, again, the balance of interest and intellect!


Sorry that this was another diary entry, I had only just posted one earlier this week, however I saw a lot of people talking about this subject more recently and i wanted to just cover it! Next week I promise you a 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight', an August Style Steals AND a new video at the weekend; so next week is going to be bangin'!
Thank you guys for reading, if you would like to see more then just go through my latest blog posts or search for a certain topic in the bar above! I post every other day so I have plenty of content, and I post videos every weekend that link back to my blog!
See you soon!


Photo Cred:
Instagram.com/acaciabrinley

Comments

  1. Loved this post! I'm 19 and seeing a 24 year old so a 5 year age gap and it doesn't bother either of us but people have commented on it! I think once you turn 18 age doesn't really matter! Also people complaining about the age gap between Callux and Sarah is just hilarious in my eyes!
    Catriona...
    http://catrionalauder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Exactly right, it definitely doesn't matter when you get to a certain age, if it works then it works! Lovely hearing your point of view! x

      Delete

Post a Comment