Festival Glitter Looks!


The time has come; I'M FINALLY AT READING FESTIVAL! If you are following my antics on Twitter, you would've seen already (and heard from me babbling on the last couple of weeks) that I am attending Reading Festival FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, so I'm pretty excited. Unfortunately for my blog, however, it means that I've had to schedule this post, as well as that that will be posted on Sunday, something I have never had to do, and something I never really planned on doing either.
However, I didn't want to leave my blog without any uploads for 5 days, so thought this was the best option to keep you guys in the loop and keep producing content (I will try and keep everyone updated on my Twitter and keep check on what is happening on my blog, although this may be difficult but I'll give it a go).

With that being said, it is a Friday meaning MY NEW VIDEO IS ALSO UP! To fit in with the festival theme that I am surrounding myself with, I created some festival looks using the classic glitter that everyone seems to opt for nowadays.



In my video, I created 3 looks that you can create yourself at any festival; these were 'Pixie', 'Pastel Queen' and 'Baby Face' (personally Baby Face is my favourite). I created these using either the AVANT POP palette by NYX or, in the case of 'Pastel Queen' No7's Ultimate Eyeshadow palette (which I believe is discontinued, I'M SO SORRY I DID NOT REALISE!)

For my base makeup, you can watch the video for more information, I explain what products I use, what eyeshadow colours create each look, and what glitter I am using.

Disclaimer: I do use craft glitter, something that when I googled said was a bad idea. Although it is suggested that you use makeup/costume glitter (the safest bet), I must also add that when I used the craft glitter it did not irritate, however in al honesty it wasn't on my face too long, so I'm not sure whether it would become irritant after time. To stick on the glue I just used eyelash glue as I knew that it was safe and kind on my skin (you use it on your eyelids, probably the most sensitive place, it must be non-toxic).


Thank you guys so much for reading (and watching), although this is a scheduled post you can still tweet me over at @iridescencefash, I like talking to you guys and getting your opinion on my blog and content, so I'd love to hear your thoughts! As I said before, my post on Sunday (lol, "no post on Sunday") will be scheduled, also, but I can reassure you that I will be posting on Tuesday as normal and everything will be live and good to go! I post every other day if you are not aware, and a new video goes live on my YouTube channel every weekend, just to add a little fun to my blog!

Comments