Get Un-Ready With Me!


Initially, I wanted to write a blog post discussing my 'daily routine' when it comes to getting ready for the day, however as i have shown you, on multiple occasions, my everyday makeup routine, in reality there isn't really much more that I do in the mornings to get ready other than pick out an outfit (and obviously the boring stuff, such as brushing my hair), so I thought that it wouldn't really involve people as much as I would like it to.
 Then, the other day, I saw on YouTube some girls in my suggested (I honestly feel terrible, I cannot for the life of me remember who they were or their channel names, they were pretty large beauty gurus, however) had shown their 'Nightly Routine' of getting "unready" and I thought it was an amazing idea! So, without further ado, here is my nightly routine of getting "unready".

1. Firstly, I shower. As this is a bit boring, and for obvious reasons I haven't attached a photo, I'll keep this short and sweet. If you watched my latest video where I attempt, 'The Beauty Tag', you'll already know that I LOVE the smell of marshmallow, so usually wash using some type of shower gel with the scent of marshmallow (usually Imperial Leather). I tend to avoid using nay products on my face as I usually do this after, so if I'm not washing my hair, my showers don't usually take long, although I do like to exfoliate, which takes a while!

2. Next, I slip on my pjs and dressing gown, pretty standard.

3. After this, I'll throw my hair in to a bun. It's really bad, and I have managed to snap all the hair at the front of my head, but I like to sleep with my hair up in a tight bun. I know it is EXTREMELY bad for my hair, but I can't stand sleeping with hair all in my face and tangling up (unless I've straightened my hair and I don't want to ruin my masterpiece).

4. Next, I brush my teeth. Now, this is usually quite a chore for me. I have quite sensitive teeth and I'm not sure whether it's from wearing a brace for years or what but I have a couple that are sensitive around the gums, so I have to ensure I treat them properly. First I use Colgate Advanced White to brush them normally, making sure I follow the timer from my toothbrush. Next, I'll use the Pearl Drops 'Instant White Plus' to encourage the colour, and then I'll follow this by using some Corsodyl mouthwash (tried using the toothpaste and it was the worst thing I had tasted).
Unfortunately I am one of those people that has a brace; when I was younger I used to suck my thumb so it made my jaw go all weird and my teeth were all wonky, so I had a metal plate retainer. Thankfully I know only have a plastic retainer that doesn't have a plate, which I try and wear as much as possible as in the past couple of years I have been so bad at keeping on top of and I definitely noticed my teeth shifting back (if only my brace would sort out my lisp).

5. Moving on to my face, I like to use Garner Pure Active Micellar Water to clear my skin of makeup and any residue that is left from the day. I usually just use a cotton wool pad to do this, and on a casual day I'll use probably 2 pads to clean my face. After I use this I splash my face with some lukewarm water, just to be sure everything is clear from my face, using a flannel to gently clean my skin. My mum hates me for this, but I always like to grab a clean towel very 2/3 days as there are so many bacterial particles that live on used towels that it's probably the worst thing you could use after washing your face. Creates a lot of washing but means that your skin is definitely clean (side note: don't share towels).

6. Following on with my skincare routine, I then use Murad's Oil Balancing Moisturiser, which is my favourite product ever. Not only does it strip oil from your face (for those that have oily skin like myself), it also hydrates your skin without completely drying everything out, something that I benefit from having combination skin. Also, I get a lot of blackheads, and the formula of this particular product is said to reduce those, something I've seen happen with mine, which was a blessing! Although this product, in my opinion, is quite pricey in terms of moisturisers, it is definitely worth purchasing and would recommend to anyone that has the same issue as me in which they need moisturiser for their skin but cannot find one that doesn't just add more oil or strips every ounce of hydration from your face leaving you with a tonne of dead, dry skin!

7. After I've moisturised (sometimes before), I use my 'Tanda Zap', which is an at-home light therapy stick that is used to treat acne (I have the blue light one). Light therapy is something that I always looked in to, but it's extremely expensive. A couple of years ago my mum bought me this stick that I still use to this day. I'm quite a forgetful person so I have for a while forgotten to use this, but since coming back from university it's something I use everyday without fail. If you have skin like me that you find hard to manage, I definitely recommend purchasing one of these; they work wonders and, again, it is EXTREMELY expensive, but it's something that always works without fail, so investing in something like this when you have problem skin isn't a bad idea.

8. After this has all happened, I am happily ready for bed. Usually I'll do boring things like brush my hair or sort out things for the next day if needs be, but usually I just sit in bed, turn my laptop on and go straight on to YouTube. I love catching up with my subscriptions, finding new people to watch, and, as I love literally all types of videos, whether fun/entertainment, beauty, gaming, artsy, I'll honestly sit for hours just going through other people's content.
After scrolling through YouTube for a couple of hours, I'll head over to my blog just to check up on everything, see what's going on, post a new blog post if one is scheduled to go up and just manage everything over there. My day usually ends, however, either on Netflix or Hayu where I catch up on all my TV or watch a film, something just to relax me in bed.



Hopefully you guys enjoyed this post, why not get involved and tweet me, @iridescencefash, your routines and what you guys do to just end the day.
Remember that I post a new blog post every other day so look out for the next one coming this Tuesday, I also post videos on my YouTube channel every weekend so if you missed my last you can go over to my channel.
Thank you for reading!

Comments