Fashion Icon of the Fortnight - ARIEL WINTER




I want my first opening statement in this post to be, "Ariel Winter is one of the most beautiful, fierce women that has ever lived". I think, at the moment in time, however, this is definitely a given, seeing what she has gone through in the past year.

Like many actors, Ariel started off quite young, finding fame through the hit American TV Show, Modern Family, where she plays Alex, the child genius and middle child to the Dunphy's. Starting the show at age 11, it is clear that, at 18, she is not a stranger to the cameras and limelight, however over the past year it has been evident that she has received a lot more press than she has in the past; but, why?


Ariel is honestly one of my favourite women ever due to her clear support for body positivity, purely because she has been a victim to press and articles that have overshadowed her amazing career with the way she looks on multiple occasions. Being only 18 and having to have a breast reduction takes courage, especially as it was causing such a negative affect on her life and health (she mentioned before that they were causing her major back pain, which you shouldn't be suffering with at 18 years of age; she quoted, "It's something that I did to better my life and better my health, and I think that it can benefit a lot of young girls. I have felt happier with myself than I ever have"). Many newspapers and articles covered the story, but for some reason all it seem to bring was attention to how big her breasts were, causing her Instagram and Twitter to fill up with some really distasteful messages (a lot of people I follow on Twitter were commenting, and it was actually disgusting the things they were coming out with).
However, on the other side, like there should be, there were many people that supported her and she managed to raise awareness for a lot of people who have had the same issues. I admire her for what she has done, and the way she seems to just throw her hands up and say she really doesn't care what others think. I often read stories and articles in relation to Ariel that state that she "bares all" and "wears risqué outfits", but most of those that I have seen have been when she's at the beach, or on holiday, or attending events such as pool parties which means it is a given she is going to wear less clothing; and even then WHO CARES WHAT SHE IS WEARING?!
Just to name a few, here are some of the articles that come up when you type Ariel's name in to Google;

(I didn't want to link them as I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of higher read counts, but honestly, some of the things mentioned in them are actually ridiculous, so I wanted to share them with you.)


It frustrates me that such a beautiful, talented girl gets overshadowed by press and the media saying really ridiculous things that, in the long run, really don't matter. Instead of focusing on what she is wearing and picking her apart for being body confident (and looking absolutely fantastic, may I add), why not write some positive articles of her, relating to her career, or her fans, or her education and graduating?
Although she is constantly being under fire for these issues, she does handle it all extremely well. I feel that, if I was in her situation I probably wouldn't feel strong enough to be able to clap back the way that she does. She reminds me a lot like Zendaya in the way that she doesn't care what people think, but if you disrespect her or saying anything that is rude and unnecessary, she will respond like she has every right to. I completely stand by everything that she has ever said in regards to body image, as she plays down everything by saying, "is it really a big deal?", which is pretty much spot on. She's right when she says "why does everyone care so much, we all have a butt", and people shouldn't be offended by anyone showing anything in retrospect. It's like the whole 'Free The Nipple' campaign; the fact that female breasts are censored yet men's aren't just seems completely ludicrous and bizarre to me!

I for one, like all the other girls I mention in my 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' posts, love Ariel and everything that she is and stands for. She is such a beautiful and kind-hearted girl, and is so talented in her career and what she does.
If you would like to follow Ariel on any social media, here is her Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Thank you guys so much for reading, I LOVE writing my 'FIOTF' posts as I love sharing the amazing things that other girls are doing and showing that there are so many role models, like Ariel, that need and deserve the recognition they get. If you have anyone you would like to name your 'Fashion Icon', why not send me a tweet @iridescencefash!
Remember that I post a new blogpost every other day, so look out for one this Saturday! I also post videos every weekend so next blog post will be my new video; you can check it out from here or on my YouTube account where it will be posted originally!

Photo Cred:
etonline.com
people.com

Comments

  1. if you want more ariel winter wallapper then you can check www.guidingweb.com we have upload so many picture of almost all actress of bollywood and hollywood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment