Summer Is Here!



Finally! The past cuple of days in the UK we have started to see a proper summer develop and honestly, I, like many others, could not be happier.

It's always something that everyone looks forward to in the UK (if you are reading from another country and are not aware on the "weather situation") and it definitely seems to lighten the mood. Everyone always seem extremely happy when it's sunny and it's almost like a switch is turned on where people go in to "summer mode".
Summer mode is what I believe most British people suffer from; the sun is out and suddenly you're not afraid to put on that bikini you've been avoiding for the past couple of months; you don't care if people see you because it's hot! The sun is out and suddenly everyone LOVES eating healthy; more salad, pasta and BBQ's are happening and we want to eat fresh foods (honestly, I have had a BBQ 4 days in a row now, someone help). THE SUN IS OUT, and suddenly everyone wants to burn so that it can "develop in to a tan"; things that every other time in the year we would usually avoid seem to become a ritual in the summer!

But, as said before, it is definitely a better atmosphere, as everyone seems happier and more content, which I absolutely love! Hey, if the sun being out can finally drag my friends out of their houses and actually want to do things with me, I'm happy.
Spirits seem to be a lot higher during the summer, and I think it's because we have to try and make the most of it. We only get a couple of days here and there, if we're lucky a couple of weeks, so we have to ensure that every minute of the sun is taken advantage of; if you have to sit and burn sitting in the sun for 10 hours that's something you have to just soldier through; it's tradition.
But, you must admit, nothing is better than sitting in the sun, some great tunes playing with a berry cider in your hand; THAT is the definition of a 'British Summer'.

I think my favourite things to do in the summer are definitely;

  • Go to the pub and sit in the garden with a 'Strawberry and Lime' cider
  • Sunbathe
  • Outdoor concerts, gigs and festivals
  • Garden/House parties
  • Car journeys with the windows rolled down
  • Road trips


In regards to this, I have put together a playlist of my favourite 'Summer Car Tunes' that I believe are great for the sun! These tunes are probably some of my favourite feel good hits from over the years, and you can listen to this playlist through my Spotify!

My username is Kira Stokes, but I'll leave a link at the bottom of this blog post for you.

So, on that note, hopefully you guys will all be enjoying your summer and the weather, I have a couple of things planned for this season before I travel back up to uni; one being Reading Festival! If anyone is going to Reading Festival, send me a tweet; @iridescencefash!


Profile
'Summer Car Tunes' Playlist

Comments