Fashion Icon of the Fortnight - ZENDAYA




When I was about to write this, I had to look through my past 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' posts to see if I had crowned this girl one of them, and I was extremely shocked to see that I hadn't.
Although I did mention her in my 'Badass Women of 2015', I thought it was only necessary that I give her some of her own person limelight by crowning her my most recent 'FIOTF'!

Zendaya has been on our radar since her starring role in Disney Channel's, 'Shake It Up', alongside the beautiful Bella Thorne, before going in to other Disney projects, like 'Zapped' and 'KC Undercover'.
It's no surprise that Zendaya is an extremely hard worker, and the fact that she is only 19 years old with multiple movies, TV shows and music tracks under her belt says a lot about her work ethic. She has achieved so much in such a short period of time, and I think seeing the way that she handles fame is extremely inspiring and shows you the great role model that she is.
It's no secret that a lot of people see Disney stars as "trouble kids affected by fame", as there have been multiple actors that started in Disney that have gone off the rails as young adults. However, it is clear that Zendaya is extremely level headed and so goal orientated that I truly believe nothing will swerve her from her course. She is extremely invested in her career and what she wants, and has recently been spending her time creating a new shoe line, 'Daya by Zendaya', something I am extremely excited about (apparently they are going to be pretty affordable)!

Additionally, she is one of the few celebrities that I have seen that has constently used her voice for good. I know that a lot of celebrities, when these tragic events happen, often send out a tweet saying 'prayers for _____', but Zendaya seems to spend a little more time on the matter, and her words seem a lot more sincere. Her thoughts on the 'Black Lives Matter' movement have been moving and empowering and the way that she addresses issues shows that she really does care and she wants to make the world a better place for her and everyone around her. She seems like such a caring soul, and her endless amount of charity work speaks for itself. She supports charities, such as UNICEF, PETA, American Heart Association and Communities in Schools, which are extremely diverse and highlights how much she truly cares for.

When it comes to personality, also, Zendaya seems like such a funny, down to earth girl. Her tweets, Instagram posts and videos I see are so hilarious, and shows that she is not afraid to be herself and have a little fun! (Also, if you have heard of Nathan Zed you will know that he and Zendaya are literally the perfect couple and you PRAY for that everyday... just me?)

So, I think it's clear to see that Zendaya ticks all the boxes for what it takes to be crowned 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight'; she is definitely a role model to young girls, is hilarious and down to earth and cares so much about the real world, what is happening and wants to work towards making it a better place to live.
But, how can it be a 'Fashion Icon' when I don't talk about fashion and beauty, and, have you seen her red carpet looks?! I honestly don't think I have seen anyone kill as many red carpet looks as she has; every outfit is an absolute killer!

--
Thank you guys for reading, I love writing these posts and I'm going to try and write them more often; I just always get stuck on who to crown!
Please subscribe to my blog, you can check out my YouTube Channel and you can tweet me @iridescencefash!


Photo Credit:
popsugar.com
twistmagazine.com

Comments