Best Beauty Brands?


(Sorry this post is up a little later than usual, I was too invested in watching people play Pokemon Go on YouTube that I forgot to press publish, oops)


SO.
My last post and YouTube video touched a little on the subject of what my blog was for, and what I wanted to provide from it. If you haven't read/watched these (plug plug go watch my YouTube video), then I basically spoke about how I wanted to create content that was more realistic and catered more for the "average" girl, those that cannot afford the luxury brands you usually see popular beauty gurus using on YouTube and Instagram.
Living on a student budget and not having companies sponsor me or utilise my blog or channel for advertisement purposes, I usually watch these videos and think, "that foundation is SO nice but I really cannot justify spending £80 on one product"; I MEAN WHO CAN?!

For this reason, to follow up from my last blog and video, I wanted to create a list of cheap brands that I love the content of.
I'm not usually one to go for brands, like Maybelline and Max Factor, purely as they don't conform with my skin, and because of this I never thought I'd be able to find a cheap brand that would do so. However, after a lot of research, I have found great brands that are great affordable and of pretty good quality!


5. Barry M
I never actually knew until I researched that Barry M did makeup as I always thought they were just a nail polish brand. Their nail polishes are quite expensive compared to some, at £5.99 a pot you can't get much for your money! However, their makeup brands seem extremely cheap and their concealers and contour creams seem like great consistencies; however not having tried them out I'm not sure how kind they'll be to your skin or how well they will sit (whether they clog up pores, look waxy, etc). I will test them out and create a review in the future!
Known for: Nail Polish
Best Product/Brand: Staying safe I recommend their Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint
Price Range: All products range between £5 and £10
Places Sold: Boots, Superdrug and barrym.com



4. Bourgeois
I knew that when I was younger, I used to see Bourjois eyeshadow pots that my mum used to use around the bathroom, but I never thought that they were still around. After looking at some of their products, I definitely recommend their eye products, I remember their eyeshadows not being that high in pigment however were enough so that they were easy to blend and create a subtle colour.
Known for: Eyeshadow
Best Product/Brand: Little Round Pot Eyeshadow
Price Range: Everything averaged around £10 per product
Places Sold: Boots, Superdrug, FeelUnique and bourjois.co.uk



3. Collection Cosmetics 
I have always been a fan of their nail polish as they are around £1.99 each and, applying it correctly with a top coat, will last a long time (around 1-2 weeks without chipping). However, when I first went to university, I bought their contour kit palette for only £4.19 and it was the best colour for my skin! I never thought it would ever match, and I've wanted to try out their colour correcting creams as well, so when I get them I'll leave a review too! Their eyeliner was surprisingly great as well (although the 1 inch brush was a disaster).
Known for: Nail Polish
Best Product/Brand: Sculpt and Highlight Contour Kit
Price Range: Their products all average around £5
Places Sold: Boots, Superdrug and collectioncosmetics.co.uk



2. e.l.f.
I first heard of e.l.f. when they were made famous for their ethical practise. I immediately wanted to try out their products, and it was only a bonus that they are extremely affordable! I tried out their Studio HD Lifting Concealer as well as their Studio Corrective Concealer and both worked a complete dream! (note to self: I really must purchase some more of these)
Known for: Foundation
Best Product/Brand: Studio HD Lifting Concealer
Price Range: Everything is priced under £10 (excluding eyeshadow palettes which are under £20)
Places Sold: eyeslipsface.co.uk



1. NYX
NYX are definitely my go-to brand. I at least have one type of product from each category, whether face, eyeliner, eyebrow tint, eyeshadow, contour, etc. For my birthday, my housemate bought me the AVANT POP Eyeshadow palette and the colours are SO nice! I must admit, the pigment isn't very strong as you'd think, especially in the blues and purples, however the browns and peach colours are so great! I'll probably do a swatch of it in the future so look out for that! Also, their eyebrow tint is the best filler I have ever used; 10/10 would recommend!
Known for: Their bright coloured lip glosses/lipsticks
Best Product/Brand: Tame & Frame Eyebrow Tint
Price Range: Products range around £5-£30
Places Sold: Boots, Superdrug, FeelUnique and NYXcosmetics.co.uk


Comments