YOUTUBE - Mega Boots Haul and Product Reviews!


My second YouTube video is finally up!

The other day I travelled in to town to Boots and bought a few items that, not only did I need, but also looked like great items that I could try out!
If you would like to watch the video, here it is, the quality is extremely bad (surprise, surprise) and the editing is awful so I'm so sorry and I promise that I'm putting in a lot of effort and trying to get better; this is all new to me!




The items that I bought are:

  • Collection 'Up To 7 Day Wear' Nail Polish (Lilac Daze and Ice) -- £1.99 each
  • Barry M Sunset 'Daylight Curing' Nail Paint (Dark Side of the Shroom and The Way You Make Me Teal) -- £4.99 each
  • Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal Face Mask -- £3.59
  • VO5 'Plump It Up' Heat Defence Volume Whipped Mousse -- £4.19
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical (Coconut and Exotic) -- £4.99
  • Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Moisturiser -- £3.65
  • Sure Roll On (Aloe Vera) -- £1.00
  • St Moriz Professional Tanning Mousse (Medium) -- £4.99
  • Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush -- £5.99
  • No 7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser (Normal/Dry Skin) -- £9.50

I also mentioned in the video that there were a couple of products I hadn't tried yet that i would give feedback on, however I did say that I was going to do this on Twitter. As it is easier to write on here ( no word limit and all that), I thought that I would just give you some reviews on here instead!



Barry M 'Daylight Curing' Nail Paint
I was skeptical about this nail polish as it said on the bottle it would only work with the Barry M 'Daylight Curing' Top Coat, which I did not purchase. I did, however, try out the product, using it on it's own, as well as trying it with another top coat that I have that does not need the UV light to set, also. Both of these worked, which did annoy me a little as it clearly states on the bottle it will not work without their top coat, which is a lie. £4.99 is a lot for a small bottle of nail varnish, in my opinion, so I did not want to purchase another bottle. I am so glad I didn't, however the finish and colours that I chose were SO nice; here are my nails with 'Dark Side of The Shroom' on with another brand top coat after 1 week of wearing.


Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Charcoal Face Mask
As I imagined, this face mask from Boots worked just as well as their 'Tea Tree & Witch Hazel' Peel Off Mask, however I realised when it came to taking off the mask that it wasn't a peel off, like the other one, which wasn't as satisfying. This being said, however, it worked just as well and my skin felt so smooth after wearing. As it is black because it has charcoal in it, it is extremely satisfying when applying as you can see where you have applied it, however I did ruin my face sponge as it turned black from using it to take it off and looked incredibly dirty, oops.

St Moriz Professional Tanning Mousse 
I L O V E the colour of this mousse and it is just as nice as St Tropez which is around £30, however you can definitely tell why St Tropez is more money as it is definitely a better formula. You have to leave St Moriz on longer as if you get it wet at any point it will just come straight off, however even when I slept with the mousse on and washed it off in the morning it still came off a lot more when I got in the shower, and it also covered my towel in tan even though I was only dabbing it off lightly to ensure I wasn't rubbing it off. With St Tropez, I can put on 2 layers and it'll be the colour that I want it to be, lasting a couple of days (3/4) without going patchy; wits St Moriz, it took me about 5 layers to get to a nice colour. When applying it, I thought it was extremely dark and got worried that I had put too much on, even after 2 layers, however as soon as I got in the shower it would just run straight off and I couldn't get it dark enough! 
At the weekend, I also attended Wild Life Festival down in Brighton and it rained as soon as we arrived, which meant that my tan ended up running down my legs and went patchy, which was definitely not ideal! I will still use the product though as it is extremely cheap and I would still label it value for money!

Real Technique Silicone Liner Brush
This brush is exactly what I was looking for! It's precise and doesn't create a thick line at all, however this is a little bit of a downfall. When I'm doing my makeup for a night out it is great, however it doesn't hold a lot of product on it so when you're in a rush it is really not helpful as you have to keep loading it up every 0.5 seconds. It is so good at creating winged liner and is so accurate, its difficult to make a mistake with it! I would probably rate it 9 out of 10, however I'm extremely impatient and leave a lot to last minute, so this isn't helpful!

Comments