The Struggle of Having Thin Lips


Growing up, I was quite self-conscious with a number of my features, which, like any teens, I am still bothered by now. The main focus of my anxiety about my appearance was my nose which I thought was abnormally large, and snide comments from boys in my year that thought it was funny to call me a "woodpecker" really didn't help. However, I never really noticed how small my lips are until a couple of years ago when I started following a large number of make-up tutorials on Instagram and noticed that nearly all of them have luscious, plump lips. Since this realisation, it has been a constant struggle dealing with small lips in a world where it is now fashionable to have larger lips.

Enlargement of the lips has been around for years, so it isn't "new" that suddenly everyone is interested in this, and those that do have naturally large lips haven't just miraculously turned up over the past couple of years. It's just when its come to make up, recently there has been a major focus on new lip shades, lip contouring and utilising lip colour to pull together the whole look. Having extremely small lips that hardly show makes this extremely difficult to get over, especially with someone like me, who is so obsessed with make up and making sure that my face is beat to perfection. If you are one of those lucky people that were blessed with naturally large lips, here's a fill in of how difficult it is to live with thin lips:

1. Your make-up never seems to be "pulled together"



2. Being as obsessed with Kylie Jenner, it sucks that she only does lip cosmetics



3. The constant anxiety that comes with kissing - do they even feel anything there?!



4. The new craze of "lip contouring" means nothing to you



5. Even when you follow the line of your lips with lip liner it still looks like you've drawn them on too big



6. Pouting just doesn't work the same



7. You have to make sure the rest of your make up is 100% to draw attention away from your non-existent lips



BUT!
There are some plus sides to having small lips...


1.You have more money to spend on other things



2. When your friends come crying to you about how much they spent on one MAC lipstick you can't relate


3. More attention is pulled to your smile - more room to see your beautiful teeth, am I right?!



4. You never get those "what that mouth do tho" creeps hitting on you



5. They still look rad; if Alicia Silverstone and Jennifer Aniston can both be given "sexy women" titles, you know its nbd!





Photo Cred:
betches.com
gurl.com
tumblr.com
entendaoshomens.com
buzzfeed.com
wetheunicorns.com
giphy.com
sharegif.com
perezhilton.com

Comments