I Love Brighton!



Seeing I've mentioned probably about 50 times now that I have recently moved to Brighton and joined university, it's probably getting a bit boring now. BUT I realised that I haven't made a fashion diary entry in a long time (nearly a year!) and with the versatility of fashion in the city I thought it would be a rather interesting topic to talk about.

Not only do the gorgeous Marzia Bisognin and Zoe Sugg live just down the road, but walking through the streets of Brighton you can tell that a vast amount of people put a lot of effort in to their fashion and are pretty expressive. I mean, it definitely depends where you are however, sitting in the library at midnight definitely isn't a fashion show as I can guarantee 90% of the people there will be in pyjamas or tracksuits, but when you are walking around somewhere like the lanes, or even Churchill Square, there are a lot of versatile trends being set. I've always been quite on trend with my clothing, I follow trends and rarely ever step out of the box with my style, however being from a small town I never really thought about it. Moving to a larger place where everyone is very much individual, it makes you want to try new styles and be more adventurous in the way you dress.

I'm very stuck in my comfortable place in what I wear; I like to dress up for nights out but I'm very much "same-y" with what I wear on a regular basis, and although I want to try new clothing and looks theres always a voice in the back of my head telling me that it'll be a waste of money if I purchase something that isn't my usual go-to staple. For example, nearly everything in my wardrobe is either black, camel, brown or khaki, because they are easy to dress up or down and are quite versatile looks. Similarly, look at the whole Yeezy brand, those colours are very much in, so it's very much clear that I am most likely to follow trends than to be an individual.
However, I think both sides are just as important when it comes down to what you want to do with your style. When I first moved to Brighton I'd sometimes catch myself seeing someone wearing a vibrant outfit and think, "Oh dear I'd never wear something like that", but thinking it over, it doesn't matter if I would wear it or not as long as that person liked it and felt comfortable wearing it. I'm sure there has been many occasions when people have thought that about my clothing (and have openly said it, I can tell you), but I've never batted an eyelid because it's my own personal style and I like the clothing that I have; if I didn't, I wouldn't be wearing it! Also, just because I'm more likely to follow trends and stay with my neutrals (blog post coming soon) doesn't mean that I am less individual than those that are more edgy and indie than I am (although me and my friends at uni have sometimes turned up wearing the same outfit, oops).




Photo Credit
instagram.com/itsmarziapie


Comments