VALENTINE'S DAY WITH ALL TIME LOW AND YOU ME AT SIX!

Seeing how lonely I am, I decided that the best thing to do this Valentine's Day was to go to a gig with my best friend, Chloe. Not only was this just a gig, but it was the finale night of All Time Low and You Me At Six's joint UK tour. Gigs are probably my favourite things to attend, not only just seeing your favourite artists live but the whole day, including the excitement of travelling, being in a rush to get there in time; it's just so exciting!
I have been to quite a lot of gigs; taking in to consideration my first gig was April 2013 when I first saw One Direction, last year I managed to attend 6 different gigs, as well as (including the ATL/YMAS gig I just went to) already planning to attend 5 this year, and it'S ONLY FEBRUARY?! You can see that I really enjoy gigs, but this one I was extremely excited for, purely because it was two of my favourite bands touring together meaning we basically got double for our money.

As we got there late due to Chloe working late, us grabbing something to eat and stopping to get merch, we unfortunately missed Walk The Moon, although we did hear their rendition of The Killer's classic, All These Things That I've Done, while queuing to buy our ATL Tour Tee. 
I have to admit, I knew more songs for All Time Low than I did You Me At Six, but that's only because I had r e l i g i o u s l y listened to ATL for the last 3 years of my life, whereas YMAS was more casual listening. HOWEVER, YMAS had such a great atmosphere; you knew that everyone was enjoying it and everyone was there for the same reason. I was a bit disappointed as we sat at the side of the stage and the party seemed to be within the standing crowd in the middle, but with work and other commitments (blah, blah) we thought it was best if we were to grab seats instead. 

Before going to the gig, also, me and Chloe looked up the setlist as we were d y i n g to find out what they were going to sing, and I was SO glad to see that ATL were singing Heroes as that is my favourite ever song out of all the bands that I listen to. Although I was probably looking most forward to this song, in the YMAS setlist I was definitely waiting for Reckless and Bite My Tongue, which were by far the best songs of the night (along with ATL's Something's Gotta Give and Dear Maria and YMAS' Room To Breathe, which was a clever choice to start their setlist off with, and also Lived a Lie). 

As this is my fashion diary (which only ever consists of me telling you guys what I've been wearing to gigs) I wore New Look's Black Split Side Tank Top with their Black Knee Ripped High Rise Jeans. If you're usually one to wear a lot of black but don't want to look washed out by the colour blocking, these jeans are great as, although they are black, they have tinges of grey in them, meaning that the colour is broken up and you look less like one block of colour. I accessorised with a flourescent yellow necklace, which sounds revolting, but the necklace had a small panel of yellow meaning it was more discrete, and added some colour to my outfit.

Overall, the gig was fantastic. My highlights? Well;

  • I got to see the love of my life, Rian, perform irl
  • Not only did I get to hear You Me At Six perform a whole set of 15 songs, but I heard All Time Low do the same, meaning that it felt like I was seeing two concerts in one night
  • Josh looked absolutely on point and he walked out on stage looking all mysterious while the band had literally been playing the intro for Room To Breathe for the past 5 minutes
  • I think I lost all control of my body during Bite My Tongue and Reckless, and I think it was clear due to how many times the boy in front turned round to give us a "wtf" look 
  • As it was the last show, All Time Low came back on stage to take a group photo of the crowd and it was so sweet... although we weren't in it seeming how close to the side of the stage we were
If you are looking at seeing any of these bands I highly reccommed it, especially if you're living in or near the areas that ATL are touring in soon with my most favourite band IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD, Tonight Alive, as both these bands are amazing! In fact, the only disappointment i had of the night was the fact that a few months ago one of my friends told me that Tonight Alive were the opening act for this gig, so when it was announced that it wasn't them I was pretty bummed out (but it doesn't really matter because I've seen them before). If I was to rank this in my list of most favourite gigs ever it would probably have to be 2nd after Tonight Alive as that was the most extraordinary experiences of my life.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ME AT SIX AGAIN THIS YEAR AT SLAM DUNK! 

I've put a couple of videos on my Instagram if you want to check them out and I hope to see you back here soon! I'll leave a couple of links to the band's YouTube if you want to hear some of their music and also check out my vlog on my YouTube channel that I filmed where I basically sum up all my points from this blog and also show you videos from the gig itself! 




Comments