Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: ASAMI ZDRENKA

Recently released album, Welcome to the Jungle, by newcomers, Neon Jungle, has kept me occupied since its release earlier this week, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it (especially the track, Future X Girl, which is my favourite). Hitting recent festivals as well as being the faces of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show late last year, Neon Jungle have been big in the UK since their release last year with their debut single, Trouble, being famous for their iconic wild hair styles and quirky fashion. 

As of this, I have always admired one member in particular, Asami. She has always stood out to me and was one of the main reasons (along with Kylie Jenner, who Asami tweeted about for the same reason the other day) for my major chop and dye. 
Her style has always been quite edgy, which I think is what admired me the most about her; those that dress edgy and unique I always want to be like, and I find inspiration in Asami's style. I thought she was beautiful the first time I saw her, and whatever hairstyle she decides to have, whether short and blonde, long and green or short and "blurple" (as she has called it), she always seems to pull it off, like her other bandmates also, like Amira, who is recently rocking long, bright pink hair with a shaved side. 


Asami's style is very edgy, verging between pretty and grunge, which I love. The variety of her style shows that she can pull anything off, from her laidback style that she has, such as her outfit for performing at T in the Park to her red carpet look from the vinspired National Awards earlier this year. My most favourite wears, however, has to be her everyday clothing choices, such as her combination of an oversized denim jacket with a neon yellow/green crop, jeans and combat boots. Her everyday wears are so easy to steal and Asami is a regular on style steal websites. She often opts for the likes of band tees, which is one of my favourite styles as it is easy and simple, worn to any type of occasion.


Asami has not been shy to confess her love for other celebrities and things that could be considered "uncool", which inspires me. She often talks out loud about her obsession with One Direction, especially member, Harry Styles, who she is a "companion" of after meeting at an afterparty for The Brits earlier this year, and she is living the fangirl life, being friends with the likes of George Shelley (closely linked), The Vamps and 5 Seconds of Summer members. Only recently turning 18, Asami looks completely old for her age, so no one thought anything of it when it was released that she may or may not be seeing Union J member, George Shelley (21). My inner fangirl heart did leaps when I first noticed the age gap (which always seems like a major issue when it comes to rather attractive celebrity members in bands cough cough Harry Styles, and being the same age as Asami it gave me hope that one day (((in a parallel universe, no doubt))) I will be married to someone like George Shelley cough cough Harry Styles). However, it made me happy to see that someone wasn't shying away from their past just because they were in the limelight; usually celebrities will cover their past to make them look as cool and popular as the next celebrity, however Asami openly confessed her love for things such as video games and One Direction, and it made her quite easiy relatable by quite a lot of people, including me. She is labelled with these nerdy things however in no sense do people call her a nerd as she seems to glamourise things that are healthy to glamourise, unlike other celebrities that treat drinking and illegal actions as an everyday occurrence; it is not harmful to glamourise the likes of music taste and hobbies  like those that Asami links herself to. 
Many people first heard of her and the rest of the girls after her encounter with Australian band members, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood, at the BRIT awards, before meeting Harry. Tweeting about their encounter, the 5SOS guys sent many fans in to frenzy after Asami (positive frenzy, which is an unstereotypical view of most fantoms) who was soon seen as an icon, being posted all over Twitter and Tumblr. However, I have always been a fan of the Neon Jungle girls since early last year, and openly admitting my love for "lion mane" hair, like Ella Eyre's beautiful locks, I was in awe over members Jess and Shereen for their wonderful hair.

Although all members of Neon Jungle are fantastic, hence why it was hard for me to choose this year's winner, Asami always stood out for me, and it was her vocals in Braveheart which made me love her even more. Whenever I hear her sing its like I overcome with envy for her; not only does she live the ultimate rockstar life (however without all the drama that huge stars take), she also gets to be one of the prettiest and talented girls on the planet AND hang around with the most attractive guys in showbiz, how great is that?! I will always look up to Asami as she seems to have the right goals and amibitons, being down to earth and not anywhere near losing site of reality. It seems strange mentioning that you look up to someone only a few months older than you, however with someone as morally correct and stunning both inside and out like her, it is easy for me to crown her my Fashion Icon of the Fortnight, taking the crown from the well deserved (and always my queen), Kylie Jenner. 


Dress like Asami;


Red Long Sleeve Check Shirt from New Look; £19.99

Asami's "out and about style" as mentioned before, is verging on """grunge""", making this shirt perfect for hanging out with friends, going out anywhere, and being able to replicate Asami's style.

❀ River Island IDA Patent Lace Up Ankle Boots available from ASOS; £38
On footwear, Asami usually opts for the chunkier option, whether its wedges, or her signiture style by adding a pair of boots to her look. These boots are more of her formal look; other boots she often opts for are combat boots. 

Green Check Co-ord Top from Miss Selfridge; £16
The check print is on-trend at the moment and totally in parallel with Asami's trend. Not only is this top figure hugging, it's short, meaning it accentuates her figure more, something that she does not typically do with always sporting oversized Tees and T-Shirt dresses; however the print of the tee is something that goes well with other items she has been seen sporting in the past.

Asami's High Street Store; ASOS
The styling choices of Asami is extremely varied, which is why I chose ASOS as her store. The store reminds me myself of a large industrial factory with so many varieties of clothing and accessories, and Asami having such a wide style range, this fits perfectly for her. From her quirky clothes worn on stage, to her chic red carpet look, to even her grundy style when out and about, any persona that Asami takes through expression of her fashion, it would be found on ASOS.
[Adding that these stores are my own opinion, those mentioned in the article have no ties to the store themselves]


Some of Asami's looks can be found on sites such as stealherstyle.net.


Credit to;
asos.com
missselfridge.co.uk
newlook.co.uk

[credit to all photo users, if you do not wish for your photo to be up or would like to be listed underneath in credits, just email and I will sort it out; sorry for any inconvenience!]

Question of the Day: What is your favourite out of all of Neon Jungle's tattoos?

Comments