Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: NINA NESBITT

This week has been busy on the music front, with the likes of Lana Del Rey releasing her new album, and the ever waited album by none other than Ed Sheeran. 
Ed's album, 'x' has been anticipated for a while now, with his most famous album '+' being released 4 years ago! News songs have been rumoured to be linked to some familiar faces, including the likes of Ellie Goulding and my FIOTF, Nina Nesbitt. It is rumoured that the song, 'Nina' is written about the lovely Scot, reminiscing on their close relationship present while she accompanied him while touring. 

Most known for her beautiful blonde locks and unique sound, Nina has made a huge contribution to my FIOTF list, being the first Brit to win the title so far. Nina has been one of my favourite singers ever since I heard her popular song, 'Stay Out'. The country twist to her music makes her sound completely unique to other leading ladies in the music industry, and conjoined with her beauty she is a cocktail for the perfect musician. 

If I was a boy, or attracted to girls may be the more correct term, I think I would definitely have a thing for blondes as I believe Nina, along with Candice Swanepoel, Jenna McDougall and Gigi Hadid, are the most prettiest women on the scene at the moment, and stumbling across old photos of Nina from her modelling career it is clear that she is one beautiful lady. How jealous I am of her luscious locks of a peroxide colour (hint of irony from her up and coming album, 'Peroxide'). 


Nina's style fits in to the "festival look", opting for 90's style trousers (usually her signature 90's high wasted shorts) and the colour black, contrasting with her light hair and complexion. Her style can conform between dark colours however still with that garish twist, although some items have shown her more unique side, such as this week in Glastonbury she was photographed (found on her Instagram) sporting a feather headband.


Nina has always been one of my style icons, as mentioned before, so I thought I would mix a part of my usual blog posts in with my FIOTF and give you some examples of how to dress like Nina on a budget using High Street Retailing!




Festival Look

Queen of festivals, she always seems to dress rather grundy, opting for her legs on show and large, round sunglasses (left). Copying Nina's look, opt for some black shorts with a body-con top, or a slim, black playsuit. To add some colour, go for a kimono as it is light and bang on trend for this year's festival events (I love the style of Nina's as she brings vintage in to her look effortlessly). To finish the look, accessorise with some rounded sunglasses and a vast range of bracelets. As it is a festival, footwear may be opting towards wellies, however you could go for some black biker boots. These Ted Baker boots fit perfectly in to he festival style as they are of a "wellie-look" style.


Fashion Events
Nina opted for co-ords during London Fashion Week, sporting her signature biker boots as well as dark colour scheme to contrast her fair complexion. Mirroring this style you could wear the Orla Crop Set from Miss Guided (I couldn't find any similar to Nina's) with Zara's Studded Flat Leather Ankle Boots and River Island's Black Fold Over Slouch Bag. Although Nina wore this for London Fashion Week (which, looking at others' outfits of choice was one of the best I have seen) it can be effortlessly transformed in to an every day look, especially when paired with the bag and ankle boots. 







Everyday wearing
Although this was taken on a photo shoot, I love this style that Nina has been shot in. It's on trend and the edgy 90's style is really in style at the moment. The purple bomber jacket, copied by this Glamorous Traditional Bomber Jacket at ASOS, catches the eye, fitting in to the 90's style as well as contrasting with the fair complexion that she has, like her other chosen outfits. The chunky chain linked necklace (I opted for a silver as it is different to the usual gold style that is a popular choice) and 90's style shorts fit great as an outfit as a whole and would be great for days such as hanging out with friends or even going to a festival. 

My favourite trait of Nina's is the fact that she isn't afraid to be herself. I follow her Instagram and it's clear that she is a tad strange, from dressing her cat up with a unicorn horn, mixing up her two most obvious obsessions of cats and unicorns, posted frequently. It is clear that she is incredibly down to earth, which makes her my FIOTF as I think that self importance is one of the worst traits to own, and that is clearly lacking in Nina. With beauty and brains, she really is one of the most beautiful people I have ever known, and it delights me that is she can be pretty weird. Combined with her incredible music, she is a cocktail to kill, which makes her perfect for my title. 

She has proven herself worthy, and by the way that other celebrities talk about her it is clear that she is incredibly genuine and great to have around (I'm just upset that I missed her gigs in Camden as I had a gig the day before and was too poor hahah)

If you want to listen to Nina's music her recent album, 'PEROXIDE' is out now!


[all photos credit to owners, thank you]

Credit to;
newlook.co.uk
asos.com
river island.co.uk
missselfridge.co.uk
topshop.co.uk
mango.com
zara.com

Question of the Day: What's your favourite song off of 'Peroxide'?

Comments