Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: KYLIE JENNER

I honestly feel like I haven't done a FITOF in so long even though this is the one post that I seem to keep up to date with, oops. [update: this suddenly feels ironic seeming as I'm late posting]
Since last Saturday I have been SO addicted with the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game that its got to the point where I'm literally spending money on it and thinking about how much I want to play it right now while writing this (if only my energy wasn't all used up). It made me laugh to see that the actual Kardashians are even addicted to the game, with Kylie Jenner recently vining her and her friend, Sham, playing on the app herself. It was when I followed her on Vine when I came to the realisation how much I actually love Kylie Jenner, and the first ever week that I started posting my FITOTF she was definitely top to win the title at the time (god knows what led me to not have her as my FITOF the first week).


I have watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians ever since it was first aired in the UK and I have been obsessed ever since. I've always loved Kylie as shes literally so beautiful while at the same time being extremely strange and not afraid to be herself. When with her friends, Sham and Jordyn, she seems so down to earth and not afraid to be herself, being a typical 16 year old girl (even though she looks about 20). It always baffles me that the media view her in a completely different way to how she presents herselfon her social networking, with many magazines often listing her as old before her time. 

As said before, I have been a fan of Kylie for a long time, and it was when she made a decision to cut all her hair off that I started to notice her change in fashion choices. Before, she would often opt for colourful prints, her most memorable being her choice of watermelon shorts paired with a grey top and sunnies. However, she always seemed to dress very sophisticated in plain colours, which is the best look for her with her skin tone and figure; however, after turning 16 she soon became a grungier version of herself, opting for oversized flannels and leather-look trousers. I feel like Kylie's style has grown up with her, and, being the same age, I feel like it has grown up with me too. That seems pretty strange seeming as I don't know her, but the style she opted for last year was mirrored of my personal taste, the same with her recent change to a grungier look. 


She is always on-trend with her being the newest face of fashion since her appearance at Coachella a few months ago with older sister, Kendall. Usually Kendall is in the limelight for her modelling work and clothing ranges, however I personally prefer Kylie's style as well as morals. 
Kendall usually opts for a more preppy style in lighter colours and girlier form, however still rocking the ripped jeans look;however, this is different from Kylie's style, who opts for dark colours and flannels on a daily basis.

Her clothing ranges with sister Kendall released through major high street retailers in the US have kept to the preppy style to reach the target market of the clothing stores, just the same as their older sisters, Kim, Kourtney and Khloe, who also provide and design their own fashion lines in relation to brands and stores. The entrepreneurial skills that Kylie and Kendall have obviously picked up from momager, Kris, as well as siblings (excluding some) owning some sort of fashion range has moulded Kylie and her sister in to the budding "fashionistas" they are today, always on trend and looking as great as ever. With all sisters somehow making it on to the worst dressed list, from Kim's lacy red carpet number to Kendall's travelling get up the other week (which when I saw I didn't understand why it was written on to the worst dressed list; it might've looked a little frumpy however Kendall pulled it off, it shouldn't have mattered as she was travelling anyway!), Kylie has hardly been listed as worst dressed (other than a few years ago when she popped up a few times, however its completely plausible for a 14/15 year old girl who is only just recognising the concept of fashion!)



Overall, Kylie has been running for FIOTF for a long time and should've been crowned sooner; she connotes girliness through an edgier tone and she is one of the biggest inspirations to my wardrobe to date, from her daring statement pieces to her laid back style of just an oversized flannel paired with leggings and boots. The lack of effort she puts in to looking great intrigues me as she always looks so flawless every time I see her! I read recently in a magazine (not to self: don't always believe everything you read in the tabloids) that Kylie was thinking on her 17th birthday (next month) of getting thousands of dollars worth of surgery done. First of all I higly doubt that that would be allowed by not only her mum, but also the surgeons who would do the job, seeming as she is underage, and also, there is no need for her to come to this decision. She is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met and to think we are the same age baffles me as she already looks about 20 (although I do look about 12 so either way). It just shows you that lack of confidence and self esteem affects a huge amount of people and influence us to do things that to others seems completely unnecessary. If this is the case, I think that Kylie needs to realise how great she truly is, congrats on the title I just gave you, too.


On another note I'm so sorry that this is so late. Recently I have just finished school and I thought it would be easier to make posts, but it hasn't. I have been dealing with a lot of issues myself following recent events, and instead of using this, the only thing I enjoy doing in my spare time, as an escape, I opted to just push it aside without really thinking I was doing so. I'm sorry that I have been so rubbish at posting but I absolutely promise that this weekend I will post more things. 

My first personal look book will be posted this Sunday hopefully as I am attending a party. I'll show you guys what I wore and how the party went, as well as showing you my new ombre hair, inspired by both Kylie Jenner and Asami Zdrenka from Neon Jungle, see you soon!


[Photo credit to those that own; if you do own a picture listed in this post and want to be credited or have the photo removed, just send me an email and I'll sort it! Sorry for any inconveniences!]

Question of the Day: What's your favourite "famous Kylie hair style" she sported recently? 

Comments