Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: JENNA MCDOUGALL

So me and my friend, Chloe, have been addicted to buying concert tickets for a few months since this academic year started (it is actually a really big problem now). It started with buying 5SOS gig tickets at Shepherds Bush last November (I bought tickets for a 5SOS gig that was in March a few hours before I went to one that night oops) then it went to McBusted, who I saw last week at their London show which was honestly the best night of my life, and this year we are also going to go see 1D at their WWA tour this June, The Vamps in October and finally Tonight Alive in November (I promised my mum I wouldn't buy any more tickets (((unless they are obviously for a great band which I cannot miss out on seeing)))). As of this, I have been listening to Tonight Alive A LOT recently, as I've always been a fan but I haven't ever been able to label them one of my favourite bands, which I can now (they are positioned on level with Paramore and ATL in my favourite bands list, which is pretty high, if not top) and I have especially started to see Jenna as an icon in more ways than just based on her fashion choices.




The Australian 21 year old is not a stranger to girls seeing her as an inspiration, especially after she was open about her sexuality. As I've said before, I'm not accustomed to naming someone my fashion icon of the fortnight without believing that person deserves the title. I totally believe that beauty comes from within and it is clear that Jenna is the epitome of inner beauty, although she is definitely beautiful on the outside too. Unlike Karlie and Miley, my past owners of my FIOTF title, Jenna is an unlikely candidate for the spot of "fashion icon" but although she does not come across as someone daring when it comes to fashion like 'Kylie Jenner' or 'Vanessa Hudgens', her laid back look is what makes her different from the crowd, especially when she is often compared to the likes of Hayley Williams, frontman of Paramore. 





One thing which stands out most about Jenna's fashion sense is her hair styles. From pretty plaits to garish green hair she knows how to make any style work, especially like those of her famous space buns which she has rocked a few times at events like Warped Tour and other Tonight Alive gigs. My favourite hairstyle of Jenna's is definitely the messy french braids which she accompanies both as an up-do and hair-down style. As well as enthusing femininity, the plaits create an effortless look, just like Jenna's laid back style, usually band tees and plaid shirts. 


One of the main reasons which I named Jenna as my fashion icon of this month is due to how easy it is to copy her style. Unlike Kim Kardashian, who wears the most extravagant and expensive clothing around, Jenna does not opt for designer items, meaning it is easy to copy her style (in fact I have found her exact top which you can buy here!)



 If you didn't realise, as I may have not made it clear, who Jenna actually is, Jenna is the lead singer of the band, Tonight Alive, who are one of my favourite bands at the moment. Her music is more of an edgy sound, with songs such as 'Lonely Girl' and 'Come Home' (I have linked you to the YouTube videos) which are located on the band's recent album, 'The Other Side'. Their sound is similar to the likes of All Time Low and We Are the In Crowd, who are among their musical friends with the likes of Pierce The Veil, as well as working with the likes of Mark Hoppus from popular 90's/2000's band, 'Blink 182'. 





Overall, I see Jenna as an inspirational and beautiful girl who is worthy of being crowned my fashion icon of the fortnight, from her bold fashion statements, like her green hair, to her easily stolen style, like her Santa Cruz top. I think that naming her my FIOTF is a reasonable choice due to how different she is and the trends which she decides to not follow, unlike other celebrities which seem to opt for "designer grundge" which doesn't seem to cut it in comparison to Jenna's laid back style! 

If you have any people you would like to nominate for 'Fashion Icon of the Fortnight' just mention in the comments below on this post!
  • Also I am going to start saying "credit to owners of the pictures" on each blogpost as they are not mine specifically, sorry if this is a hassle!
credit to;
glamourkills.com
imgarcade.com

Question of the Day: What alternative punk band do you enjoy the most?

Comments