Fashion Icon of the Fortnight: GIGI HADID

It's only been recently that I have heard of Gigi, finding her through her recent relationship with singer and performer, Cody Simpson. I knew of Gigi's mother, Yolanda Foster, through her role on the popular reality, 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills', but never realised the two linked together until a few days ago when I was doing my research on the model. Friends with the likes of Kylie Jenner and Justin Bieber, the 19 year old is always in the limelight, recently attending the 'Ovarian Cancer Research Dinner and Cocktail Party' in New York, wearing a floor length DKNY bright orange dress (which is my total colour for summer). 



She looked stunning in the dress, with the on-trend orange colour complementing her golden tan and locks. It is in fact this dress which made me name her as my fashion icon of the fortnight. The dress screams the latest trend for summer (As I have reached 1000 views on my blog in only a few months of posting I am going to celebrate with a 2014 how-to guide for Summer). 


Unlike the past winners of the title, like Jenna McDougall and Miley Cyrus, I do not know Gigi as much, which meant that research in to her character and style was important before I named her my fashion icon of the fortnight. However, I recently watched her 2013 interview with 'Vogue Italia' and realised how normal and down to earth she really is. She is driven by her goals in modelling and it really shows that she is ambitious, however not at all fame-hungry. She mentioned in the interview that one of her favourite past times is scrolling through Tumblr, which I found shocking as I thought that would be an unlikely hobby for someone who is so well-known to do, however it makes you realise that celebrities are the same as everyone else, they are just looked upon more frequently. She is still quite young at the age of 19, however she has a goal of being a Victoria's Secret Model, which I 100% believe she can achieve, with all VS Models being scouted for both their beauty inside and out, which it is clear that Gigi has. She is very interested in fashion and beauty, which relates to the way she presents herself, and the on-trend looks that she sports. 

Gigi also looked stunning at the Cannes charity event 'amfAR 21st Cinema Against AIDS Gala' alongside supermodel friends, Barbara Palvin and Devon Windsor, dressed in a stunning Tom Ford number. She seems to effortlessly pull off a stunning dress, presenting her skills of beauty alongside former VS models, like Barbara, who is one of my favourite models, after recently stepping forth in to the limelight and showing everyone what it is that you need to have to be a VS model, educating those that it is not just looks that you need but also charisma and beauty on the inside, as well as ambition and talent, which Gigi seems to have. 





What also made me like Gigi is that I found out that she is an animal lover, having a dog named Lucky as well as being fond of horses and horseback riding. Her love for animals, like Miley's love for dogs, is another factor to why I think Gigi is a worthy winner of my fashion icon title; she is naturally beautiful, having modelled since the age of 2, as well as being so kind and lovely, showing ambition, which I think is a great characteristic to have. She knows what she wants, setting goals and heading for them, presenting drive which I think is a great characteristic for a role model. If anybody told me that they aspire to be like Gigi Hadid I would honestly think "good for you" because Gigi has represented herself as a worthy character, capable of taking on any job as well as staying humble and grounded. 


Also, as I mentioned before, I wanted to say that I REACHED 1000 VIEWS ON MY BLOG! Thank you so much, I know this probably isn't such an achievement for some, but I have never had that much notice before in my life, hahaha! It is a great achievement for me that with only a few blog posts I have already reached 1000 views on my blog, so to celebrate, I am going to set up a "how-to" guide on the latest fashion tips for summer and the do's and don'ts, from the colours you should be wearing, to even the style of shorts which seem to be in right now (me writing this guide seems a bit ironic however as I live in England and literally this year it has only been sunny for a week, but I thought for everyone else this may be helpful). Thank you so much, the next post will be up in the next few hours/days, so keep a look out!



[Just another reminder that photos are not mine, and that I give credit to whoever owns them. This post had many taken from the Daily Mail here.]

Question of the Day: Who is your favourite model?

Comments